Psu and ups

L7xCast

I know there's probably alot of people asking the same question as me, but im going to buy this Antec VP plus non modular psu and now i also want a ups, because we get alot of blackouts where i live, and sometimes the power goes out for only 10 seconds, what ups do you guys recommend? And i have seen alot of people talking about active pfc and pure sin wave vs sim wave,how do i know what ups to choose, i just Wanna have like a few minutes to stop my game and completely shut my pc down, sorry for sounding like a complete idiot, if someone can enlighten me on this matter, i would really appreciate it 

Screenshot_20210618_202742_fi.android.takealot.jpg

5 minutes ago, L7xCast said:

I know there's probably alot of people asking the same question as me, but im going to buy this Antec VP plus non modular psu and now i also want a ups, because we get alot of blackouts where i live, and sometimes the power goes out for only 10 seconds, what ups do you guys recommend? And i have seen alot of people talking about active pfc and pure sin wave vs sim wave,how do i know what ups to choose, i just Wanna have like a few minutes to stop my game and completely shut my pc down, sorry for sounding like a complete idiot, if someone can enlighten me on this matter, i would really appreciate it 

Budget?

4 minutes ago, connorkincaid said:

Budget?

About 140 dollars? 

Why not Antec NeoEco zen?

For ups APC is one of the most popular.

650VA will be enough.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, connorkincaid said:

I can get this rct 2000va/1200w ups  for about 140 dollars if you convert my currency to dollars? Will that one work with my psu? And what is this pure sin wave and simulated sim wave if i may ask? And something about the psu being PFC active? 

Screenshot_20210618_221616_fi.android.takealot.jpg

Screenshot_20210618_221630_fi.android.takealot.jpg

Screenshot_20210618_222510_fi.android.takealot.jpg

9 minutes ago, L7xCast said:

I can get this rct 2000va/1200w ups  for about 140 dollars if you convert my currency to dollars? Will that one work with my psu? And what is this pure sin wave and simulated sim wave if i may ask? And something about the psu being PFC active? 

It should work just fine with your PSU. 

Pure sin wave and simulated sin wave are basically two different forms of how a UPS handles the power received. I think my explanation would be quite lacking if I went through the trouble of trying to explain it in detail. Here's an article to help explain it a little better, not really anything you need to worry about too much however.  

https://blog.tripplite.com/pure-sine-wave-vs-modified-sine-wave-explained

Concerning active PFC, it is simply how your PSU handles power. It utilizes electronic circuits to give your PC more efficient power, compared to a passive PFC. 

12 hours ago, connorkincaid said:

It should work just fine with your PSU. 

Pure sin wave and simulated sin wave are basically two different forms of how a UPS handles the power received. I think my explanation would be quite lacking if I went through the trouble of trying to explain it in detail. Here's an article to help explain it a little better, not really anything you need to worry about too much however.  

https://blog.tripplite.com/pure-sine-wave-vs-modified-sine-wave-explained

Concerning active PFC, it is simply how your PSU handles power. It utilizes electronic circuits to give your PC more efficient power, compared to a passive PFC. 

I did some research today, some people say pfc power supplys may unexpectedly shut down or crash entirely when used with a simulated sine wave ups?