Moar 295x2 leaks - pictures!

carolkarine

Even though it has a watercooler on it, I still think it is going to quite warm.

Lets hope we can overclock it.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Even though it has a watercooler on it, I still think it is going to quite warm.

Lets hope we can overclock it.

The closer you are to ambient the harder it is to get closer to ambient. This means that even a single 120mm aio over two gpus is going to be quite cool, comparatively to air cards. I'm getting one most likely and it'll be hard going from my g10 and x40 on a 7970 to one 120mm rad on two, but I don't see myself Shitting bricks over temps.

What I want to know is if because these are asetek pumps, could I, say, replace the two pumps with two x40s?

Edit: just looked at it. I think I could do it. It appears amd made two rings for the units (much like the g10) but they are much smaller because they only need to hold the mounting screw anchors. Can anyone else take a look art the pictures and let me know what they think? I believe the pumps are straight asetek units.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

here we go again,,, GPU WAR!!! :lol:

PC Gaming forever...

Looks interesting, but I hope that it stays cool and doesn't cost a friggin fortune.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Why is AMD still using transparent fans? It just makes the card uglier than it already is.

Looks like a reference card with a water cooler. The Illuminated LED fan and logo is pretty nice but wonder how the radiator would perform only being 120mm.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The TDP of this card really is 500w. A pc magazine in Hong Kong called "PC Market" published an overview of this card in their latest issue, which is on sale today in Hong Kong. Interestingly its' boost speed is slightly faster than that of 290x. While the boost speed of 290x is 1000MHz, 295 x2's is 1018 MHz....

That thing is effing massive!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014