Lagging when changing volume

Every time i change my volume on my keyboard while in game. The game goes down to 2 fps and when the ui that pops up dissapears the game stops lagging. Do you guys know why or know how to fix it?

My pc:

Msi arctic b360

RX590 nitro+

32gb ram corsair venegance rgb

I9 9900kf

Asus 850watt 80 plus gold

M2 ssd kingston a2000 500gb

it may be caused by the overlay itself. Some games will set a FPS lock when something else is open over it / in focus to save some of the PC resources. The game might think that the volume box is actually another program open over it, so by default it will lock the fps to something really low. Then once the volume overlay disappears, the game will notice that its now in focus and the FPS lock is removed.

There is something you could try tho: Change the game to fullscreen / Borderless window and see if it still happens. Also try windowed mode if the previous 2 options doesnt work.

Tho im not entirely sure how to fix it. Its just a little theory that i have of whats happening.

I also think that may be the reson to why its lagging. But i can use borderless and windowed. But somehow my pc is shitty on borderless and windowed, there are some small hickups/fps drops in the game when i play at borderless and windowed. So i think ill still use fullscreen.