Assuming PSU Problem???

hbsterling

The most recent upgrade I had was RTX 3070 a couple months ago and have been running fine for a while now. Sometimes all of a sudden my pc will shut off and the motherboard light will be the only thing on but it will not switch on. Most of the time it is fine for the day but then the next morning same problem. I have done the paperclip psu test and it will be constant clicking unless I wait for a while, then all of a sudden it works. Even though I have taken the psu fan out and cleaned it, this is a repeating problem. I thought it was a problem with the fan on PSU but maybe also with the 24 pin connector cord? Should I just get a new PSU at this point?

ASUS tuf b450 plus motherboard

corsair txm 550w gold

ryzen 2600

asus rtx 3700

I would say yes, being that Nvidia recommends 650W minimum for a 3070.

2 hours ago, hbsterling said:

The most recent upgrade I had was RTX 3070 a couple months ago and have been running fine for a while now. Sometimes all of a sudden my pc will shut off and the motherboard light will be the only thing on but it will not switch on. Most of the time it is fine for the day but then the next morning same problem. I have done the paperclip psu test and it will be constant clicking unless I wait for a while, then all of a sudden it works. Even though I have taken the psu fan out and cleaned it, this is a repeating problem. I thought it was a problem with the fan on PSU but maybe also with the 24 pin connector cord? Should I just get a new PSU at this point?

ASUS tuf b450 plus motherboard

corsair txm 550w gold

ryzen 2600

asus rtx 3700

When does it shut off?  During games and benchmarking or completely randomly?

48 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

When does it shut off?  During games and benchmarking or completely randomly?

It only happened one time and nothing was running. The other times is when I go into hibernate it wont turn back on.

14 minutes ago, hbsterling said:

It only happened one time and nothing was running. The other times is when I go into hibernate it wont turn back on.

You update the BIOS recently?

Wow.. The manual for that board is the worse I've ever seen.  Nothing on the BIOS other than top level.

Edit:  Found this....

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042220/

Disable ErP.