Experiencing strange screen effect in games and desktop

DigitalPixel

Sometimes I see this effect in games and even on the desktop. It's difficult to capture with camera but here is the best I could do. Look to where the trees start near the middle not the sky as those are just pixels close up. I really need to be up close to the screen. I'm seeing horizontal lines but very faint. Almost like a screen door effect. I first noticed it in RDR2. But as soon as I hit the ESC key to pause the game and then go back it disappears and the image looks smooth again. It kind of looks like interlacing lines. This is on a LG 34" UltraGear monitor with a Strix 2080Ti GPU. Everything is up to date so I don't know what is causing this.

20210501_162949.jpg

Hard to tell by the photo but looks like it might be some dead/stuck subpixels. Use something like this test:

https://lcdtech.info/en/tests/dead.pixel.htm

Cycle through the white, black and RGB screens. If you see any areas not lit up or the wrong color, that's the problem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

No its not dead pixels. This effect goes across the screen. Like I said if I hit ESC in game (RDR2) and then go back they are gone. On the desktop I noticed them in the title bar. But if I restore down/maximize the window it goes away.

• 2 years later...

Hey,

I know this is an old post but did you ever find a solution? I think I have the same issue as you where outdoor areas seem to have a screen door effect and no in game settings are the cause.