PC only works while sideways

jordanw1284
Go to solution Solved by jordanw1284,

So, this has been happening for a long time now. Whenever I go to turn my computer on while it's upright, it boots up and stays on for about a minute. The screen then goes black, the fans on gpu stop running, but all the case fans run. I have an xfx rx580 8gb gpu (this is a replacement after the original one started experiencing this problem. This is one of the reasons why I believe it isn't the gpu) I'm not entirely sure what it could be, as I'm not the best at diagnosing PC issues. (BTW, I used a vertical gpu mount just to see if that would work, but it still reciprocated the same problem) I'm getting sick of wasting a bunch of desk space for this computer, plus I can't even see the pretty LED lights in it because it's sideways 馃様

So, this has been happening for a long time now. Whenever I go to turn my computer on while it's upright, it boots up and stays on for about a minute. The screen then goes black, the fans on gpu stop running, but all the case fans run. I have an xfx rx580 8gb gpu (this is a replacement after the original one started experiencing this problem. This is one of the reasons why I believe it isn't the gpu) I'm not entirely sure what it could be, as I'm not the best at diagnosing PC issues. (BTW, I used a vertical gpu mount just to see if that would work, but it still reciprocated the same problem) I'm getting sick of wasting a bunch of desk space for this computer, plus I can't even see the pretty LED lights in it because it's sideways 馃様

32 minutes ago, jordanw1284 said:

The problem must be a seating problem on one of your parts,and I'm guessing gravity fixes that problem once you turn the computer sideways.

It could be that your GPU isn't sitting well enough on the slot聽 or the cooler isn't mounted well on the CPU.or maybe even something is shorting your motherboard

Have you tried taking all your parts out,including fans and putting them back one by one to see what is causing the problem?

Take out everything including motherboard then put only the聽 PSU, CPU and ram and GPU(even better if you have integrated graphics) and see if anything changes.

6 hours ago, Cheburek said:

The problem must be a seating problem on one of your parts,and I'm guessing gravity fixes that problem once you turn the computer sideways.

It could be that your GPU isn't sitting well enough on the slot聽 or the cooler isn't mounted well on the CPU.or maybe even something is shorting your motherboard

Have you tried taking all your parts out,including fans and putting them back one by one to see what is causing the problem?

Take out everything including motherboard then put only the聽 PSU, CPU and ram and GPU(even better if you have integrated graphics) and see if anything changes.

I figured out it's a cooler seating problem