RAM related question

Is SILICON POWER DDR4 16GB DIM 2400MHz CL17 SP016GBLFU240F02 compatible with M378A2K43CB1-CRC DDR4 16GB 2400Mbps CL17

3 minutes ago, Kiw said:

Is SILICON POWER DDR4 16GB DIM 2400MHz CL17 SP016GBLFU240F02 compatible with M378A2K43CB1-CRC DDR4 16GB 2400Mbps CL17

ram mixing is either a hit or mix, in any case they both would run at the lower frequency and the highest CL (not your case here since theyre identical) but the timings might be an issue and could prevent a boot. Don't think theres a way to tell for sure. 

Are you trying to use 2 different types of ram with each other?

Can't garuantee it, but you could and there might be some unstability were you have to reduce or adjust their timings?

or it will work just fine or no boot like suggested above.

1 minute ago, iCypticx said:

ram mixing is either a hit or mix, in any case they both would run at the lower frequency and the highest CL (not your case here since theyre identical) but the timings might be an issue and could prevent a boot. Don't think theres a way to tell for sure. 

What do you mean by timings? Also I meant to type 2400MHz on both

3 minutes ago, Kiw said:

Well they are timings, to put it in simple terms its presented in a number (such as 16) and a command (sucb tRP) and the number represents the wait time between commands/clock cycle. Either way there's no real reason to tell, why are you buying two different 16GB kits by the way?

Just now, iCypticx said:

Well they are timings, to put it in simple terms its presented in a number (such as 16) and a command (sucb tRP) and the number represents the wait time between commands/clock cycle. Either way there's no real reason to tell, why are you buying two different 16GB kits by the way?

The 16GB samsung one is in my PC already and I need another 16GB one and Estonia doesn't have the same kind of ram.

8 minutes ago, Kiw said:

there is more to it than just the "speed".

So when these timings aren't similar or speed, it can cause a traffic jam when a part wants everything in the correct order.

5 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

there is more to it than just the "speed".

So when these timings aren't similar or speed, it can cause a traffic jam when a part wants everything in the correct order.

Got you, thank you!

3 hours ago, Kiw said:

The 16GB samsung one is in my PC already and I need another 16GB one and Estonia doesn't have the same kind of ram.

why do you need more ram ?