6970 issue

afreakingspud

So I've had the same built for about 8 month now and its ran perfectly.

AMD FX-8120

ASUS Crosshair V Formula

ASUS 6970 DirectCUII

16GB Corshair Vengence

Coolermaster 80 bronze 750W

120GB SSD boot device

Today I decided to take my computer apart to give it a good clean, as always I take precaution to ensure that all the pieces are not damaged or prone to static. After putting the build back together and hitting the power button all sounds as usual and the indication LED's inside are all normal however I do not receive any image what so ever. I've tried connecting it to multiple monitors, using different cables and different ports but I still get no image what so ever.

​If anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

are all the cables internally still connected? try to push them on better.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

try your video card in a different pc make sure that all your cables are plugged in properly also make sure that your ram is installed correctly because that cold cause no posts or you can try switching to the secondary bios on the card the switch is in the top left part of the card

try re-seating the graphics card then hit the bios switch on the graphics card, plug a monitor into the 1st DVI port.

Good luck

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I've tried re-seating the card as well as hitting the bios switch as well but still nothing. Unfortunately I wont be able to test the card in another computer until the weekend.

Thanks for the help but I've actually managed to solve the problem, I borrowed a standard display cable from a friend and tried that, for some reason the card didn't want to output and DVI and my friend actually managed to sort the issue out for me using the standard display cable.