Laptop Cooler

BurP

Will a laptop cooler make any difference in a laptop that has no air vents underneath it? 

12 hours ago, SGT-AMD said:

I have one that I use with my Dell (this Machine).

Depending on the room temp, I average 28c when idiling, and jumps to 35c when gaming.

If there are no vents on the bottom, look at the back.

Yeah there are air vents at the back. I wanted to know if using a cooler for a laptop with no air vents underneath would make a difference in the laptop.

My laptop has vents at the bottom, but the fans on the cooler stand do nothing so I don't even attach them anymore since they just add fan noise.

However, the tilt on the stand certainly does help with temperatures and I continue to use it. I guess it's a much easier path for heat to go upwards towards the rear exhaust than to struggle through the keyboard plate of the chassis.

By far the best thing I've done for temperatures is to replace the thermal paste, though. I got Kryonaut, since I couldn't get a clear verdict on whether liquid metal was a bad idea, and the temperatures after Kryonaut are so good that I'm glad I didn't risk anything just for another couple of degrees Celsius.