D5 Pump too weak?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

It's fine.

I ran a similar setup with no issues.

Hi everyone!

No matter how much I google this, I'm not finding any answers to my question, so i hope, you could help me out here.

Short question: Will a D5 Pump (EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM) handle 3x 360 Radiators with 2x Watercooled RTX 3090s (including backplate cooling) and a Threadripper 3960X?

Long question:

I'm planning a custom loop for my gaming and rendering PC upgrade, because I'll run all GPUs and the CPU under heavy load basically 24/7 (more on that later). I though I'll need as much cooling as I can cramp into my new Lian Li O11D XL (more is more, right?).

Also, I sit next to it, so silence would be highly appreciated.

I've ordered a lot of EK stuff like a

• EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM
  • 2x EK-CoolStream PE 360 Radiators
  • 1x EK-CoolStream SE 360 (Slim Triple) Radiator
  • 2x Vector GPU cooling and i preordered 2x active backplate cooling.
  • 1x EK-Quantum Velocity sTR4

I fear, that it is too much to handle for a single D5 Pump. Do you have an advice for a water cooling noob like me?

About the 24/7 run (in case you're wondering):
I'm a software developer, CG artist, photo/videographer and gamer. My GPUs are basically rendering all the time either in cooperation with the CPU, or the CPU is busy handling a lot of VMs and microservices.

Thank you a lot for any information regarding this topic!

It's fine.

I ran a similar setup with no issues.

Thanks man! Appreciate it! Nice build log by the way! One more follow up question since you got a similar build: are two liters of fluid enough?

45 minutes ago, messmaster said:

Thanks man! Appreciate it! Nice build log by the way! One more follow up question since you got a similar build: are two liters of fluid enough?

It was just baaaaaarely enough for me. I topped off with a tiny bit of distilled water for aesthetics reasons. Depends on how big of a reservoir you use. 

quote.PNG.3131bf494c233b9e9751b3729e9830b2.PNG

(Make sure you use the quote function so that when you're replying to someone, they get a notification.)

2 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

It was just baaaaaarely enough for me. I topped off with a tiny bit of distilled water for aesthetics reasons. Depends on how big of a reservoir you use. 

quote.PNG.3131bf494c233b9e9751b3729e9830b2.PNG

(Make sure you use the quote function so that when you're replying to someone, they get a notification.)

Wow, thank you again! It would be a nightmare to complete the build and have not enough liquid to fill it 🙂 just ordered another bottle just to make sure 😉 Thanks alot!