PC Build Recomendations

Budget (including currency): USD, Their isn't really a budget but would like to try to stay within the $200-700 range if possible. $500 is the sweet spot.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Currently I'm unsure what programs will be running on this PC but I would like to start gaming and streaming. I would also be running the basics like Microsoft Office 365. Maybe Adobe Creative Cloud but not sure yet.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Below is my PCPartPicker Part List. I'm new to PC building and am up to any recommendations. My only requirements is that the CPU is Intel and not water cooled. I prefer air cooling. I also don't need it to be colorful with lots of RGB. I prefer that is's black especially since cable management might be bad.

**Note: I am unsure what kind of memory to use but was thinking about 64 but then changed my mind to 32 and then was like I'm not going to need that much and then decided to go with 16. Still unsure but don't want to go lower than 16GBB of ram.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F76Nwz

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: VisionTek Radeon HD 5450 1 GB Video Card  ($44.99 @ Dell) 
Case: Corsair 275R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: *Raidmax XT 300 W ATX Power Supply  ($27.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.88 @ Other World Computing) 
Total: $522.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 5.13.00 PM.png

14 minutes ago, IHFyrz2812 said:

10400 has igpu,use that instead for the meantime

the igpu is prob better then the hd 5450 lol

Here's the changes I would make to shift the budget towards parts that directly effect performance:

• CPU Cooler: a cooler for that CPU isn't necessary. Just use the included stock one.
  • Storage: if you don't need 2TB of storage, I would advise buying an SSD (sata, 2.5 inch variety) since it'll be much more responsive experience than a 5400 rpm hard drive.
  • Video card/graphics card/GPU: do not buy that Radeon HD 5450, it's only useful if you don't have integrated graphics on your CPU and it won't do anything you're looking to do. Current prices are extremely inflated right now, but even in normal times it would take up 40% of your budget. 
  • Case: anything cheaper will work, like NZXT H500. 
  • Power supply: choose something that's at least 80+ bronze certified
  • Windows 10 HOME - it doesn't sound like you have any need for Pro features

Here's LinusTechTips videos to reference 

Read before asking for help  |  How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation  |  Don't ask to ask, just ask  |  The XY Problem  | Don't just say "Hello" in chat  |  How do I ask a good question?

If my post helped, please give a 'reaction' using the heart 🤍 in the bottom right. 

Make sure to quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

F@H Contribution

BOINC Contribution

HeatWare

"The only difference between a problem and a solution is that people understand the solution."

"Give people permission to make mistakes and the obligation to learn from them."

“The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert

"People will never truly understand something until it happens to them."

"I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I'm done, I'm done."

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Gaming X  |  RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600MHz  |  GPU ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Trinity OC |  Case BitFenix Ghost  |  Storage HP EX920 1TB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, WD Black 8TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  PSU Seasonic Prime GX-750  |  Displays Lenovo ThinkVision P27q-20, Dell UP2716D  |  Cooling Noctua NH-D15  |  Operating System Windows 10 Home