Hello all,

So I'm working on my home office and looking at doing some upgrades to a KVM setup with 4-port.  Currently I'm running a TESmart 4-port KVM with DP1.2 on a LG 38WN95C-W ultrawide monitor rated at 3840x1600 @ 144Hz.  I have four systems connected:  1)Desktop running RX6800XT, 2)Desktop running GTX 1080, 3) Dell Precision laptop through a Kensington SD5600T Thunderbolt Dock, 4) Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet on a Surface Dock 1.

In the current configuration, I can run full screen on all four systems perfectly fine as long as I force the monitor into DP1.2 mode which I don't mind too much since the KVM is only 1.2 compatible.  My question is if I switch to a new KVM with DP 1.4 and quality cables, am I going to run into any problems with either my Kensington or Microsoft docks?  ConnectPro seems to think there will be reliability issues with both docks on their DP 1.4 KVMs.  To be clear, I'm not worried about pushing high refresh rates on either of those two systems as they are more for office productivity work rather than gaming.  Does anyone have experience with these docks and a DP 1.4 KVM?

Thanks,

Marc