Low RAM Speed

Hello, i have a Dell Vostro 2420, i have this laptop since 2014, and i've been playing games on it, like GTA San Andreas lol, since the RAM in this thing is 2 GB i upgraded it to 2x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 SO-DIMM Memory, and i also upgraded the OS from Windows 7 32-Bit to Windows 10 64-Bit. But then 1 problem, my RAM Speed is 1068MHz instead 1600MHz, CPU and Motherboard does support 1600MHz RAM but i don't know why it runs at 1068MHz! It feels really laggy! lttstore.com takes 10 Seconds to finish loading!!!

i also break something on the RAM Slot, no not the pins, some metal things i don't know.. Its placed in the Right and Left side of the RAM slot, looks like a hand, it cannot move anymore, but the ram is still working tough... 

Please help me about this, after this problem is finished i will sell this laptop for 200$! And i will get a i5-10400F and GTX 1660 Super system!

so please, help lol.

To make it run at its rated speed you'll need to enter the BIOS. Turn off the laptop, turn it back on, and mash the F2 key, and then look around for "RAM speed" or similar settings.

Set it to 1600 MHz.

Also, the RAM difference between 1068 MT/s and 1600 MT/s would not be enough to make webpages lag. It's most likely that you're running Windows 10 on an HDD, a Core i3-2328M, and 4GB of RAM.

elephants

You need to overclock your ram to the rated speed, by default it runs at a lower speed then its rated for.

Correction, the BIOS says the RAM speed is 1333MHz and i cannot change anything about it. And even the BIOS says 1333MHz, the RAM still runs at 1068MHz. I tried it on another laptop it runs at full speed.

3 minutes ago, ItzMadMan said:

Correction, the BIOS says the RAM speed is 1333MHz and i cannot change anything about it. And even the BIOS says 1333MHz, the RAM still runs at 1068MHz. I tried it on another laptop it runs at full speed.

It's Dell being Dell. Your BIOS locks the speed to 1333/1068 MT/s for some reason. I don't know a way to change that, sorry 😞

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

It's Dell being Dell. Your BIOS locks the speed to 1333/1068 MT/s for some reason. I don't know a way to change that, sorry 😞

Fun Fact : the "Another Laptop" is a Dell Inspiron N4010 lol, anyways i got this laptop for free from my sister's school, guess they aren't smart but they want their student's smart! Btw thanks for helping!