Lag in VRChat

mihaivoicu55

Hello, there seem to be so many issues in VRChat, my sound keeps being distorted after a little while, there are frame drops and freezes and after 5 minutes of being in a full lobby my headphones will just completely cut out

here is my setup

I don't know what to do

@mihaivoicu55 Sounds a lot that it's your hard drive. I had the same issue in gta v. It's almost like the sound is popping right? If so im 99% sure it's your hard drive. Also tell me if it happens in all games or just vrchat obviously.

10 minutes ago, Difficult Problems said:

@mihaivoicu55 Sounds a lot that it's your hard drive. I had the same issue in gta v. It's almost like the sound is popping right? If so im 99% sure it's your hard drive. Also tell me if it happens in all games or just vrchat obviously.

i just played beat saber and it was pretty much smooth sailing, there does seem to be the occasional "pop" sound but doesnt diminsh from the experiencem vrchat seems to be a lot worse, maybe it can be my settings? i have my headphones plugged into the rift s

@mihaivoicu55 The way you are describing it, it still does sound like it's your hard drive. As i remember, this popping sound issue only occured in gta v for me, i tried getting this popping sound issue in world of warcraft, but i never got it. It took like 30 minutes maybe before i got this popping noise in gta v. Now i say a lot of popping sounds, sorry haha. But when i got this popping sound my games started to stutter a lot. So it really sounds like it's your hard drive. I did change my hard drive from an old sshd to an ssd. It fixed the problems.

1 minute ago, Difficult Problems said:

@mihaivoicu55 The way you are describing it, it still does sound like it's your hard drive. As i remember, this popping sound issue only occured in gta v for me, i tried getting this popping sound issue in world of warcraft, but i never got it. It took like 30 minutes maybe before i got this popping noise in gta v. Now i say a lot of popping sounds, sorry haha. But when i got this popping sound my games started to stutter a lot. So it really sounds like it's your hard drive. I did change my hard drive from an old sshd to an ssd. It fixed the problems.

I do have an SSD and everything wrosk pretty nicely

@mihaivoicu55Hello, again! Do you have another hard drive just laying around, see if that fixes the popping sound and so on? Because problems doesnt have to occur on desktop or certain games. The reason i ask you this right now is because it's hard just buying pc parts to see if it fixes things.