Help needed with purchasing a pc

Hello everyone, I’m in search of a new computer that would I’ll be able to firstly do video editing and secondly I’ll be able to game on. I know the prices or GPUs has skyrocketed lately so building a custom rig is rather expensive but this is needed. My budget is roughly $2500 USD. Any and all suggestions would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance!

$2500USD is a fairly large budget. You will have no problem finding a gaming/ editing rig.  If you get a used computer, you can get a much better rig. (could get one with 3080)

• CPU
    9900KS @ 5.0 avx offset 0/ cache 4.7/ @1.33v
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
    8gb x2 G.skill ddr 4 3600 (OCed to 4000 17-19-19-39 @1.4v)
  • GPU
    Asus Strix OC RTX 3080 10GB  
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
    1tb Samsung SSD + 2x (512gb Samsung) SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic GM 650 650Watt Gold (semi-modular)
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 LUX MX RED/ Microsoft Designer Keyboard Bluetooth
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound
    Audioengine A2+/ Audioengine d1 dac/ B&O h6

7 minutes ago, Bosslkp said:

Hello everyone, I’m in search of a new computer that would I’ll be able to firstly do video editing and secondly I’ll be able to game on. I know the prices or GPUs has skyrocketed lately so building a custom rig is rather expensive but this is needed. My budget is roughly $2500 USD. Any and all suggestions would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance!

If you need a GPU right now (no 3080 prebuilts were in budget): https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali473/p/N82E16883360058?Description=rtx 3070 prebuilt&cm_re=rtx_3070 prebuilt-_-83-360-058-_-Product&quicklink=true

stick another 16gb of ram in there and you should be set

If yoiu can afford to wait your best option would be a 5900x + 3080 for 2500 USD, but neither are in stock

11 hours ago, OCNewbee said:

$2500USD is a fairly large budget. You will have no problem finding a gaming/ editing rig.  If you get a used computer, you can get a much better rig. (could get one with 3080)

That was my thought pattern as well, but I'm trying to buy everything new to avoid the risk of a fault part or end of life SSD/HDD.

11 hours ago, Frugivore8894 said:

Why does it need to be a DYI? 

It doesn't need to be DIY but honestly if the GPU issue didn't exist I would've just built it myself. 

11 hours ago, curiousmind34 said:

Okay thanks much!

10 hours ago, Difficult Problems said:

@Bosslkp If you buy an used computer. Make the hell sure that the gpu isnt throttling. That would be a shame.

Noted.

1 minute ago, Bosslkp said:

Okay thanks much!

Do you plan to wait or buy the prebuilt?

just interested

14 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Do you plan to wait or buy the prebuilt?

just interested

At this point waiting does not seem like the right move (in my opinion) because more people are becoming interested in getting new PCs an the supply has not increased .

Just now, Bosslkp said:

At this point waiting does not seem like the right move (in my opinion) because more people are becoming interested in getting new PCs an the supply has not increased .

It seems like the prebuilt just came out of stock. It rolls in and out of stock, but unlike graphics cards you don’t need to be there two minutes after it drops, just ocassionaly check for it twice or so a day.

5 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

It seems like the prebuilt just came out of stock. It rolls in and out of stock, but unlike graphics cards you don’t need to be there two minutes after it drops, just ocassionaly check for it twice or so a day.

Thank you will do!