B450 Bios Update

EmAsh

I just bought a Asrock B450 Pro4 with a Ryzen 5 5600x. I built it all and now my system keeps boot looping. I’ve done all the usual and suspect that it is the bios not being updated for 5000 series. Is there a way to update the bios in this state or do I need it to boot first? If so would the only way be to use another supported chipset to make it boot?

You can't even boot into the UEFI?

Then I'm afraid you'll need to find an older CPU to boot and update Bios.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

You can get rid of the ASRock Mainboard and buy a B450 Tomahawk Max/B550 Tomahawk or try to get your hands on a older gen Ryzen CPU so you can flash your BIOS.

BIOS on tomahawk boards still need to be flashed but they have a function which works without a CPU.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 | XFX 6700XT 319 Black | 16GB 3200Mhz CL16 | 600W BeQuiet  Pure Power 11