Looking for a new headset

Maxlem

Hello everyone, I have been using the Razer Carcharias for a few years now and i was really pleased with them.

But they recently broke :( , now i am looking for a new audio solution. 

Could you guys help me with picking a new headset or seperate headphones and mic solution?

It would be mainly used for gaming and casually listening to music, nothing professional.

My budget is around 150€

Was thinking about the Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 or another Razer Carcharias, but apparantly they both have a constant static noise.

Hello everyone, I have been using the Razer Carcharias for a few years now and i was really pleased with them.

But they recently broke :( , now i am looking for a new audio solution. 

Could you guys help me with picking a new headset or seperate headphones and mic solution?

It would be mainly used for gaming and casually listening to music, nothing professional.

My budget is around 150€

country?

Also do you want an open or closed solution?

Closed= Doesn't bother the other people in the house and can be used in places like public transport. It will also block out some outside noise.

Open= basically mini speakers on your ears  that everyone else in the room will also hear. Generally they provide a better, more open soundstage (very important for games) but they don't block out any outside noise so it's not recommended if you live in a noisy area and it will also bother anyone else in your house. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

country?

Also do you want an open or closed solution?

Closed= Doesn't bother the other people in the house and can be used in places like public transport. It will also block out some outside noise.

Open= basically mini speakers on your ears  that everyone else in the room will also hear. Generally they provide a better, more open soundstage (very important for games) but they don't block out any outside noise so it's not recommended if you live in a noisy area and it will also bother anyone else in your house.

this is not my topic but same question for me :P. I live in Holland

I will recommend qpad qh-85 (open back) or qh-90 (closed back).

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

same budget?

I live in Belgium, and im looking for an closed solution

I will recommend qpad qh-85 (open back) or qh-90 (closed back).

thanks looks intresting

120-150 yeah

pretty much JVC HA-S680 or bust I would say. Excellent closed headphones for use anywhere, fantastic soundstage for closed headphones.

These are carbon nanotube headphones so they require quite a bit of burn in but once that's done they will blow you away.

Also the price is only 50 euros (but trust me they sound better than most 150-200 Euro headphones out there) and the colors available are black, red and black or white.

http://www.ebay.nl/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=ha-s680&LH_PrefLoc=2&_arm=1&_armm=63&_ruu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.nl%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3Dha-s680%26_arr%3D1

You will probably end up paying 15 Euro on top of the ebay price due to customs though (if you're lucky you won't have to pay)

As for the microphone please tell me if you are serious about recording audio or just want a microphone to chat with friends casually. 

pretty much JVC HA-S680 or bust I would say. Excellent closed headphones for use anywhere, fantastic soundstage for closed headphones.

These are carbon nanotube headphones so they require quite a bit of burn in but once that's done they will blow you away.

Also the price is only 50 euros (but trust me they sound better than most 150-200 Euro headphones out there) and the colors available are black, red and black or white.

http://www.ebay.nl/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=ha-s680&LH_PrefLoc=2&_arm=1&_armm=63&_ruu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.nl%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3Dha-s680%26_arr%3D1

You will probably end up paying 15 Euro on top of the ebay price due to customs though (if you're lucky you won't have to pay)

As for the microphone please tell me if you are serious about recording audio or just want a microphone to chat with friends casually.

they look really nice! Thanks. For the microphone, just for me and my CS team. Allthough I cant deal with these clip on mics.

they look really nice! Thanks. For the microphone, just for me and my CS team. Allthough I cant deal with these clip on mics.

oops sorry for the late reply. If you say you hate clip on mics, I would just get a cheap unknown brand USB or 3.5mm (make sure it's not XLR because that won't work with your computer) from ebay because it'll sound very good and should cost around 15 Euros.

If it's just for CS with friends however basically any microphone will do, including the cheapest 1 Euro microphones you can find (make sure they have a cable running though, because the ones that are stuck right next to the computers suck)

thanks looks intresting

they are actually developed with beyerdynamic so the sound quality is nearly high end headphone quality

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.