Solidworks machine but reliable

Budget (including currency): 2000 ish (usd)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: solidworks is what im building for and it just need to run the new halo when it comes out

Other details I am looking for a motherboard and cpu combo that would work best for me(i have most everything else figured out) currently have an ITX case from a build that I would like to use and a ax860 that I would like to use to keep it cheap

Something I have not seen covered a lot is that for solidworks simulations and mesh analysis do happen a lot. Im not doing stress analysis on an entire building but maybe a motor or a frame for my senior project and personal projects past that. I despise crashes from solidworks during these operations. I am looking to buy a rtx 4000 quadro(unless the amd competition is amazing and I don't know), this should make it plenty cabable but takes up a lot of the budget. I am now looking at making my CPU as stable as possible. solidworks from what I can tell does use multicore well. I want to run analysis or flow simulations and analysis and come back to it done or watch a youtube video while it computes, and NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT CRASHING. This means I want a very stable system. I have been looking at ecc supported CPU's but in the newer generations from both sides this features has been dropped from consumer grade chips(not xeon and epyc). I will most likely be running 2 1080 monitors or 1 1080 and 1 4k monitor. In a dream world the i9 10900f would support it and I could find a board for it. 

however the best I can come up with is the following

--a 1900x threadripper on an atx board (ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6 ATX sTR4)

-cons: have to buy a case, 3 generation old chip, no wifi, need a new amd style cooler(only have intel), rumored issues with a quadro card? (can someone confirm or deny this)

-pros 2.5gb/s ethernet, ecc supported m.2 supported, room for a wireless card, raid support, 2 more cores over competition

--Intel Xeon E-2176G 3.7 GHz 6-Core with an Asus P11C-I Mini ITX LGA1151

-cons: no wireless, no m.2, ugly board, 8th generation chip, 2 less cores

- pros: itx form factor, higher boost clock, enterprise level chip(maybe more stable), 2 x 1000 Mbit/s ethernet

or just forget about ecc get the following

--i9 10900f with Asus ROG STRIX Z490-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1200

-cons: no ecc support

- pros: core count, newish generation intel, wifi 6, raid, m.2, 2.5gb/s ethernet 

these are my current build 

GPU would most likely stay with the quadro 4000 unless you can tell me other wise, memory would match CPU(ecc or not) 32gb either way.

I am not familiar with ryzen so I have not been able to put together a build with AMD, but from what I see they do not support ecc.

If you notice any incompatibility please do let me know. I am not as well versed as many of you on this forum that is why I am here humbly asking for help. 

Any and all help is appreciated! thank you in advance and for even reading!

I hate to say it, but if you want stable, SolidWorks isn't for you.

Those build ideas are fairly good, but so you know, AMD does offer ECC support on their consumer CPU's. You just need to make sure your motherboard supports it properly.

9 minutes ago, TheInfinityBacon said:

I hate to say it, but if you want stable, SolidWorks isn't for you.

Those build ideas are fairly good, but so you know, AMD does offer ECC support on their consumer CPU's. You just need to make sure your motherboard supports it properly.

Yeah well I'm trying to polish that turd of a software. Its what I've done most of my analysis in solid works but would use other programs as I continue to learn. Do you have a recommendation for an AMD cpu comparable to the i9 or i7. Just looking for a core count with decent speeds.

For CPU's, probably the R9 3900x (12 core), or 3950x (16 core, high price jump), or the 5th gen counterparts.

For motherboard, you will have to lookup which ones have proper ECC support. It seems for the x570 platform, ASUS, and ASRock are most likely to support it.