PC shows black screen with cursor before login screen?

RsnM6

So today when I turned on my pc, it booted to a black screen. The cursor only shows after i move my mouse. I haven't done any updates recently so I don't what's causing this. When I press the caps lock key the light does turn on. The cursor sometimes randomly gets the blue loading circle for a few seconds multiple times like as if it's loading something. Does anyone know how to fix this?

How old is your computer? Have you try resetting CMOS, putting the SATA cable on the drive that contains your OS to other SATA port, or waiting for it to load?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Ok so heres an update: after waiting for one hour looking at the black screen the lock screen finally showed. But the problem is, when I press any key to go to the login screen the screen becomes black again. And after a few seconds the lock screen appears again and so on. Should I just restart?

10 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

How old is your computer? Have you try resetting CMOS, putting the SATA cable on the drive that contains your OS to other SATA port, or waiting for it to load?

It's one year old. Bought it in August 2019.

1 minute ago, RsnM6 said:

Ok so heres an update: after waiting for one hour looking at the black screen the lock screen finally showed. But the problem is, when I press any key to go to the login screen the screen becomes black again. And after a few seconds the lock screen appears again and so on. Should I just restart?

Sounds like your storage is going to go out on an early death. What HDD/SSD are you using right now?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Sounds like your storage is going to go out on an early death. What HDD/SSD are you using right now?

It's a 5400 rpm HDD. But I also got a Samsung 970 evo plus so if this one dies I can just use the ssd.

Also, I just typed my PIN in the black screen and it worked. Guess it was just a weird bug. Thanks for the help!

25 minutes ago, RsnM6 said:

Guess it was just a weird bug

I would consider a backup, just in case that the slow read IS a sign of dying drive.