Networking setup help!

Spuz

I am basically trying to get the best out of my setup as possible (because it's poor).

Currently using a ''BT smart hub 2'' (downstairs in the main lounge) which is connected to the phone line to provide wireless internet in the house (unlimited data but speeds only up to 20mbps but in reality I often get 4-15mbps). Unfortunately my mum won't let me put a cable through on the skirts of the house to upstairs so I can get get wired ethernet directly from the router. The router is also hidden behind a curtain on the window and I have her, we will get better signal if they have it in the open, but she insists there is no room anywhere else (even though i could build a shelf or if she organised some things etc). She just started a new contract a few months ago even though I told her I would sort better (we live in a bad area but I could get 60mbps for pretty much the same or half the price) and I am now stuck with this for now. So I am seeking other options in order to get a better signal/setup but I really have no idea what I am doing and google is overwhelmingly confusing. One thing I did try recently was a power adapter but the electrics are not amazing.

I do have a coaxial cable up here for television (Though I am yet to test if it works) and I was looking online that I can connect this to a moca adapter then to a router/modem and then use that for ethernet connection to my PC.

Is that correct/something worth perusing?  If so how would I connect the second modem to my ISP? 

Since the HUB is a modem/router should I be buying a separate router? (to ensure I get a fastest speeds?)

Could I use a separate router to connect to the HUB through the power adapter and have a wifi signal from both routers / connect wired ethernet from extra router?

The Hub has internal signals for its wifi, is buying external antennas beneficial for the signals?

Any other options/advise?

This is a tricky one. The issue is your only real option is something over WiFi which kind of negates the entire point of being connected by ethernet.

IMO the second router idea is not something you should be considering, all that will achieve is to complicate everything and you'd still need to get the signal up to your PC anyway. You cannot have 2 routers connected directly to your ISP, you would still need to use the main router as a modem and bridge with the second router being just a gateway.

While I'm sure sending ethernet over coax would be possible I don't see how this would help since its likely the coax cable in your room comes direct from the roof antenna, to get coax from the router to your room would still require you to run a cable plus you'd need to buy a coax splitter/booster which would have to sit somewhere near the router.

Possibly the best solution in your case would be a WiFi Bridge, it will plug in somewhere near your PC, connect to the WiFi in your house and give you an ethernet plug for your computer but it would still be WiFi.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

At this point I'll do anything, even if it is simply making the wifi signal as best as that can be. I will look into the bridge thank you.