Computer will not post from wake up

When I put or allow my computer to go into sleep mode and then try and wake it up the fans ramp up and the CPU and dram debug lights flash intermittently until I hold down the power button to shut it off then power it back up and it starts as if I woke it from sleep. 

Hardware:

5900x

b550 ac pro gigabyte

2070 asus dual oc

phanteks 280 aio

trident z neo 32gb (2x16gb) 3600 mhz cl16-19-19-39 (XMP enabled)

gm850w 80+ gold seasonic focus

rocket 1tb nvme main drive and 2tb hard drive as secondary

Software:

windows 10 home 20H2 19042.804

bios = F13D

I recently upgraded this computer from a 9900k intel cpu but i wiped both drives and reinstalled windows the ram and gpu are carryovers.

I really need some advice on what to do here not being able to let my computer sleep is leading to a higher power bill if i forget to turn it off and having to shut down every time I leave for 20 mins kind of sucks. I tried monitoring what happens when i do try and let it sleep and it sounds like the fans kick up then an audible click is heard and everything shuts off other than the ram lighting. Is this maybe an overvolt protection? I started experiencing this when i first got the computer setup and have since enabled a light auto overclock and a curve in MSI afterburner on my card so I don't think its due to any changes I have made to the system.