PC randomly shuts down

Xurkey

Hey guys.

Since 2 days ago my PC randomly started shutting down. There is also a weird smelling coming from it since yesterday and a strange sound as well. 

Just a few minutes ago my PC shut down again and when I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't do that. I then switched the plugs and my PC turned on for not even a second and then shut down immediately. 

Could it be the PSU? I did clean up my PC a bit yesterday but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I am helpless but I'd like to get this fixed soon if possible. 

Kind regards

16 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Do you have a switching power supply? Or is it a craptastic noname that has the 120-240 switch on it.

Hey, I'm not sure what it means but I do have the be quiet 80+ Silver 600W PSU. The problem is now persistent. Yesterday I was able to still use my PC but now after 2 hours of not using it, it still turns off immediately. Could it be the PSU? In that case I guess I have to replace it but I've seen some people solve the problem with other steps. However, since my PC is smelling a bit weird, I think those solutions may not help me. 

7 hours ago, Xurkey said:

Hey, I'm not sure what it means but I do have the be quiet 80+ Silver 600W PSU. The problem is now persistent. Yesterday I was able to still use my PC but now after 2 hours of not using it, it still turns off immediately. Could it be the PSU? In that case I guess I have to replace it but I've seen some people solve the problem with other steps. However, since my PC is smelling a bit weird, I think those solutions may not help me. 

Do you have a picture of your psu?