Xbox 360 controller vs. Xbox Wireless controller

StDragon

Hopefully this is an easy question for all you Xbox console players.

So, I've got an original Xbox 360 (white) controller that I purchased for PC use; I don't own the console. It connects via USB to play games on Steam. However, I don't like the vibrating feedback effect. Feels so old-school Rumble Pak (spinning counterweight). Is the Xbox Wireless Controller the same feedback, or is it more refined and precise like the haptic feedback of an iPhone?

If by chance I do decide to go with the new Wireless Controller, will Bluetooth connectivity suffice for the PC, or should I also purchase the proprietary RF USB dongle with it? 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories?xr=shellnav#controllers

1 hour ago, StDragon said:

Hopefully this is an easy question for all you Xbox console players.

So, I've got an original Xbox 360 (white) controller that I purchased for PC use; I don't own the console. It connects via USB to play games on Steam. However, I don't like the vibrating feedback effect. Feels so old-school Rumble Pak (spinning counterweight). Is the Xbox Wireless Controller the same feedback, or is it more refined and precise like the haptic feedback of an iPhone?

If by chance I do decide to go with the new Wireless Controller, will Bluetooth connectivity suffice for the PC, or should I also purchase the proprietary RF USB dongle with it? 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories?xr=shellnav#controllers

If your pc has Bluetooth your fine, as to the haptics, I’d assume they’re better but can’t be sure

10 minutes ago, Niswendel said:

If your pc has Bluetooth your fine, as to the haptics, I’d assume they’re better but can’t be sure

Thanks.

As for the haptics, I think I answered my own question. I decided to google "teardown" of each controller and they both use the same method of rotating counterweights located at the base of each handle. But if anyone has experience with both controllers, I'd love to know if there's an actual difference in effect. I'm thinking it's the same however from the looks of it.