Making another hard drive bootable?

DarkEnergy

I am trying to figure out how to install a linux distro and it's not working for me. I have a 250gb SSD which has Windows and I have a 1tb other hard drive in my computer. I am trying to install linux to the 1tb. This is what I had setup: http://i.imgur.com/HZI7HQt.jpg

But for some reason, after it installs and asks for a reboot, it just boots into my Windows installation. At the bottom of that picture, there's an option to choose a device for the boot loader. However, even if I uncheck the box it doesn't let me choose the other hard drive.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

You might want to take a look at BCDedit

CPU: i5 2500k (3.3 GH z) GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Seagate Barracuda Motherboard: MSI Z68A RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) PSU: Seasonic M1211 750W Case: Corsair Carbide 300R Cooler: Intel Stock (For the mo)

^this

Proccy: i5 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v, GFX card: Asus DCUII gtx 760, Ram: corsair vengence 8GB, PSU: corsair vx550w, Case: Coolermaster cm 690 II advanced, HDD: Segate 1TB+ 500GB , Mouse: logitech g400s, Keyboard: Motospeed ck104

Maybe. I don't know manjaro/Arch and specifically not the Installer, but he checked the option "Use this Device for Bootloader installation", and selected the SSD. I guess, this _should_ install grub(2?) on the SSD, from which the PC should start. You could try to use Legacy boot, which should load the Bootloader from the SSD, not the EFI. Of course, changing the EFI bootorder would also work... so yeah... ^^