whats better Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge or Intel Core i7-3930K ?

the problem im having is the choice between motherboards with a 1155 socket and a 2011 socket and these are the pocessors that i need to decide between

What are you planing to do with it?

im having a hard choice between the asus maximus and the asus rampage IV

What are you aiming for? Gaming?

Either one will do fine but honestly I'd wait for Hazwell

gaming mostly

If you are gaming, I would get a 3570k because you don't need a 3770k unless you do video rendering. I would wait for Haswell because it is being released next month.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If you are gaming, I would get a 3570k because you don't need a 3770k unless you do video rendering. I would wait for Haswell because it is being released next month.

+100%

gaming mostly

There's quite a few differences though the general gist of it is that the 3930K is a work station CPU aimed at video editing and 3D work. On the other hand the 3570K and 3770K are more consumer level CPU's with the 3570K being ideally suited to gaming. With the X79 chipset you do have access to more PCI lanes so for larger dependencies with things like SSD's, capture cards and SLI/Crossfire setups, the additional 24 lanes may be of benefit. One thing to keep in mind with this though is that the boards designed for larger GPU setups normally use PLX chips. I won't get into the nitty gritty details of it all but they do interfere with the performance in terms of latency.

However if you're doing your standard 1 or 2 GPU setup for gaming, I would go with the 3570K or if you live near a Microcenter then the 3770K is pretty cheap. The difference between the two of them is the increased cache size (6mb vs 8mb) and then the Hyper Threading technology however current games do not utilize Hyper Threading.