Upgrade Cpu Or gpu first?

ishapli8

Budget (including currency): tbd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: beamng multiplayer, stormworks, snowrunner, gta, cod warzone

I have a 3200g and a rx 480 8gb im thinking upgrade my cpu first and I will wait for a 5600 non x to come out. My gpu fan bearings are going out and are getting loud but it still works fine and stays cool. Shoukd i try and get a 3070 first before the 5600?

Also I’m fine with the gpu being kinda loud but will the bad fan bearings cause an issue if I keep using it for a long time.

a 3000 series gpu will most likely bottle neck your cpu but if you can get either one first go for it but i dont see amd cpus comming out any time soon 

2 hours ago, ishapli8 said:

Budget (including currency): tbd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: beamng multiplayer, stormworks, snowrunner, gta, cod warzone

I have a 3200g and a rx 480 8gb im thinking upgrade my cpu first and I will wait for a 5600 non x to come out. My gpu fan bearings are going out and are getting loud but it still works fine and stays cool. Shoukd i try and get a 3070 first before the 5600?

The GPU is going to be fine for now, you would want to upgrade your CPU first.

Before you upgrade, make sure you have at least a 500w PSU, but I'd recommend a 600w PSU at least. 

the 480 is probally fine for the games you want to play. so i would upgrade the cpu first