Bose 700 headphones connected wirelessly not having game audio while in voice chat

Infinitewpm
Go to solution Solved by Tam3n,
1 hour ago, BucklingSprings said:

Darn it! Bose's hands free audio sounds horrible, I should have gone with a $50 Razer gaming headset instead! If I do get a dedicated microphone do you think that it would let me hear my friends talking because it isn't accessing the mic on my headphones? At this point I'm willing to do anything for good audio!

Btw thank you for trying to help me out!

I have to admit I don't have any experience with this (yet). If it is possible select microphone separately from audio output in the voice chat, it should work? But it's a little concerning if you cannot hear the game atm with the voice chat. You should get to the point where you can hear the game and chat with good audio, but cannot talk -> add mic. Might be that there is some software or Windows limitations, you should research a bit before deciding what to do... Try checking the audio settings in game and chat 🤷‍♂️

I've had this problem for probably almost a year at this point, and thought that it was just a limitation of these headphones and that I should have gotten a "Gaming headset". Fast forward to now, and I find an audio section on the forum, and figured "Why not, maybe some tech/audio geniuses can help fix my problem!".

What happens: I normally play steam games, and also voice chat with my friends at the same time. With stereo audio on I can't hear the game or the voice chat, but my friends can hear me. I figured out a half solution, turning the audio to "Headset (Name's Bose Hands-Free AG Audio) " which lets me hear the voice chat, be able to talk in the voice chat, and hear the game. The only bad thing about doing that is that everything sounds like the worst static filled audio. Any fixes?

The voice chat that I use is steam's group voice chat.

Thanks!

I was just researching this for a bit since I got my first bluetooth headphones... The thing is, bluetooth audio has many different modes and codecs. Unfortunately, the high quality audio modes do not support voice back (microphone). To be able to get audio stream in both directions the HFP (Hands-Free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile) needs to be used, which both have low bit rate mono audio. I guess the Bluetooth tech has still something to be improved. In Teams / Zoom this most likely is a non issue since the audio quality is meh anyway, but in games it probably sucks. Alternative would be to use dedicated mic I guess.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

8 hours ago, Tam3n said:

I was just researching this for a bit since I got my first bluetooth headphones... The thing is, bluetooth audio has many different modes and codecs. Unfortunately, the high quality audio modes do not support voice back (microphone). To be able to get audio stream in both directions the HFP (Hands-Free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile) needs to be used, which both have low bit rate mono audio. I guess the Bluetooth tech has still something to be improved. In Teams / Zoom this most likely is a non issue since the audio quality is meh anyway, but in games it probably sucks. Alternative would be to use dedicated mic I guess.

Darn it! Bose's hands free audio sounds horrible, I should have gone with a $50 Razer gaming headset instead! If I do get a dedicated microphone do you think that it would let me hear my friends talking because it isn't accessing the mic on my headphones? At this point I'm willing to do anything for good audio!

1 hour ago, BucklingSprings said:

I have to admit I don't have any experience with this (yet). If it is possible select microphone separately from audio output in the voice chat, it should work? But it's a little concerning if you cannot hear the game atm with the voice chat. You should get to the point where you can hear the game and chat with good audio, but cannot talk -> add mic. Might be that there is some software or Windows limitations, you should research a bit before deciding what to do... Try checking the audio settings in game and chat 🤷‍♂️

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

58 minutes ago, Tam3n said:

Thanks! I'll make sure to research about it!