Strange controller disconnects

Digideath

Hi there.

I use a wired xbox 360 controller as my prefered controller for my pc. Lately ive been having issues with it.

Whenever i play certain games (Burnout paradise remastered, nfs the run, darksiders) my controller almost instantly starts to disconnect. I get the usb sounds from windows and the lights on the controller cycle. It happens repeatedly. Only during gameplay. So i checked the wire on the controller. Made sure that it wasn't the wire moving around that was causing the disconnects. Everything seemed fine. No broken wires. So i took it out and plugged it in to a xbox 360. The thing ran fine for 3 hours. No issues.

Confused i plugged the controller back in to my pc. I confirmed with certain games the disconnects keep happening. But then i noticed a couple of other things. The disconnects dont happen when the pc is on desktop. Just during games. Also i tried other games and the controller ran fine. I tested it with loads of games in fact and even played one for 6 hours without a disconnect. So its only happening with just a hand full of games. It works fine with most of the games i have.

I googled about a fair bit about this and everything im reading says its a windows problem. Some people have said the fixed it by updating the drivers for the controller but i cant find any links to drivers on the net. I'm almost out of options here.