Gaming PC advice

LoreB

Budget (including currency): 1600€;

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming only. I currently play Apex Legends, I will play Warzone as well and possibly upcoming fps games.

Other details: I will play in 1080p 144hz, with graphic settings tailored towards performance and visibility. I don't need any peripheral.

I think I could get away with a stricter budget, but I wanted to make a purchase that would last and allow consistent frame rates above 144 fps (in competitive games, I can bear sub 100 fps if I'm playing casually) for a few years. I don't plan on overclocking and I'd rather not get upgrades down the line.

I've been informing myself for a while and I think the rtx 3070 fits the budget (although a little overkill, possibly?), alongside with the r5 5600x.

I'd prefer a somber design without rgb, unless the latter has cheaper, better options. Air cooling is preferred since I'm unfamiliar with liquid and wouldn't want to do maintenance work on the machine.

Due to the difficulties in finding the gpu I want, and the fact that I don't know how to build a pc, I'm looking to buy from pc websites, so big plus if you've got any eu site/build to recommend.

I've asked an estimate to a website and they offered me this machine for about 1700€:

• Corsair Carbide 275r;
  • Corsair CX650m (they have the TX650m at the same price range as well);
  • Asrock B550 Pro4;
  • Ryzen 5 5600x;
  • Rtx 3070 (they haven't specified the make);
  • 16gb dual channel 3600mhz ram (they haven't specified the make);
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500gb;
  • 2tb Seagate HDD.

I'm not fixated on any part and every bit of help and advice is much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

12 minutes ago, LoreB said:

Budget (including currency): 1600€;

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming only. I currently play Apex Legends, I will play Warzone as well and possibly upcoming fps games.

Other details: I will play in 1080p 144hz, with graphic settings tailored towards performance and visibility. I don't need any peripheral.

I think I could get away with a stricter budget, but I wanted to make a purchase that would last and allow consistent frame rates above 144 fps (in competitive games, I can bear sub 100 fps if I'm playing casually) for a few years. I don't plan on overclocking and I'd rather not get upgrades down the line.

I've been informing myself for a while and I think the rtx 3070 fits the budget (although a little overkill, possibly?), alongside with the r5 5600x.

I'd prefer a somber design without rgb, unless the latter has cheaper, better options. Air cooling is preferred since I'm unfamiliar with liquid and wouldn't want to do maintenance work on the machine.

Due to the difficulties in finding the gpu I want, and the fact that I don't know how to build a pc, I'm looking to buy from pc websites, so big plus if you've got any eu site/build to recommend.

I've asked an estimate to a website and they offered me this machine for about 1700€:

• Corsair Carbide 275r;
  • Corsair CX650m (they have the TX650m at the same price range as well);
  • Asrock B550 Pro4;
  • Ryzen 5 5600x;
  • Rtx 3070 (they haven't specified the make);
  • 16gb dual channel 3600mhz ram (they haven't specified the make);
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500gb;
  • 2tb Seagate HDD.

I'm not fixated on any part and every bit of help and advice is much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Your big issue with a prebuilt, and one I'd consider setting aside some money to upgrade immediately, is a Power Supply Unit.

Some gaming prebuilts have fine PSUs, others cut corners, and given the power draw on the GPU, you wouldn't want to skimp out on that.

There is a Power Supply tier list here on LTT where you can see where those Corsair PSUs rank, and decide for yourself if they are good enough, or not. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I am concerned with the psu and I looked at the tier list, the TXm is Tier A, but I might be missing something and I'm not sure 650w is enough.

I also have doubts concerning the motherboard, especially since pcpartspicker flags this as a possibile issue:

"The ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."