3080 vs 6900XT

avYEET

I live in NZ and all our NVIDIA GPU are massively price hiked. The cheapest 3080 is $1550 NZD and the cheapest that's actually in stock is $1700 NZD. The AMD reference 6900XT's are in stock now and it's priced at $1700 NZD as well. Should I just go for this? If at the same price should I just go for the raw performance or will DLSS be more widely supported? 

6 minutes ago, avYEET said:

I live in NZ and all our NVIDIA GPU are massively price hiked. The cheapest 3080 is $1550 NZD and the cheapest that's actually in stock is $1700 NZD. The AMD reference 6900XT's are in stock now and it's priced at $1700 NZD as well. Should I just go for this? If at the same price should I just go for the raw performance or will DLSS be more widely supported? 

It depends on the games and resolution you play, but generally, the 6900 XT is better than a 3080.

If you want to play with raytracing enabled, the 3080 is a lot better than the 3900 XT.

23 minutes ago, Naijin said:

It depends on the games and resolution you play, but generally, the 6900 XT is better than a 3080.

If you want to play with raytracing enabled, the 3080 is a lot better than the 3900 XT.

This.

And in terms of DLSS: It now starts to make it's way to many new releases. New games like Cyberpunk use it. Older games like War Thunder implemented it in their existing game. It will only get better in terms of DLSS support. And as long as you can turn DLSS on, the 3080 is a noticeably faster GPU.

But if you don't plan to use Ray-Tracing or DLSS, the 6900XT is the better card.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 hours ago, avYEET said:

will DLSS be more widely supported? 

A proprietary tech locked to a single vendor? Doubt it, once DirectML Super Resolution become available, developers will surely jump on to that and slowly neglect DLSS. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |