Silicon Quality

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Yes, there is a difference in silicon quality between initial production chips and later production chips, however the difference in quality will be minor and won't be reflected in stock boost clocks. The process maturity and improvements in later production chips will likely show with overclocking but it wouldn't be a meaningful difference. So, yes, there is a difference. No, I would not worry about it.

Cheers

Hello! As the title says I’m curious if initial release Ryzen 3000 series silicon is worse because it was a new node when released compared to late production 3000 series. Would early units boost not as high as late units due to maturing of the manufacturing process or would it not matter? Thanks! 

Yes, there is a difference in silicon quality between initial production chips and later production chips, however the difference in quality will be minor and won't be reflected in stock boost clocks. The process maturity and improvements in later production chips will likely show with overclocking but it wouldn't be a meaningful difference. So, yes, there is a difference. No, I would not worry about it.

Cheers