Techlinked on smart speakers?

IzMichael

Why is Techlinked not on the news service on smart speakers such as Google Home, and Echo? Is it intentional, or just not thought of/got around to it?

1 hour ago, IzMichael said:

Why is Techlinked not on the news service on smart speakers such as Google Home, and Echo? Is it intentional, or just not thought of/got around to it?

I would love to see something like this for sure. Considering how absolutely garbage the non-tech mainstream media is these days, I'd much rather have my HomePod wake me up with some tech news.

Of quick search, the main issue is that Techlinked is Youtube channel, not written news feed. I don't know if this is limitation on all smart speakers, but it sure is on Google's own. The speaker required another device to play videos. I assume if you have Youtube Music subscription this isn't such limitation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Of quick search, the main issue is that Techlinked is Youtube channel, not written news feed. I don't know if this is limitation on all smart speakers, but it sure is on Google's own. The speaker required another device to play videos. I assume if you have Youtube Music subscription this isn't such limitation.

Would it not be as simple as extracting the audio from the video and submitting that?

3 hours ago, IzMichael said:

Would it not be as simple as extracting the audio from the video and submitting that?

I don't think the smart speakers are using audio news, but rather reading from written sites. But then again, I didn't see anything about it at all with quick search.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv