NZXT H1 Continued Problems...

chokolite

New build in NZXT H1 (ryzen 5600x, Asus b550 itx, 64gb 3200mz ram, asus 3070).

Brand new machine with fresh install. First motherboard was an x570 open box and the machine wouldn't POST at all. Returned and exchanged for a b550, built machine barebones separately outside H1 with known good PSU/updated BIOS and all looked ok, assembled parts inside H1 and it let me install windows but then after about 20min of operation shut off and would not turn on. Retried with known good PSU and it was dead. This was early Dec - I then saw the NZXT H1 recall issue, contacted NZXT explaining I thought it was possible the riser cable or PSU was shorting components.

They advised me to send the entire system to them which I did, they inspected and said mobo was dead but all other parts tested OK and they returned everything. I again swapped the motherboard to another b550... it's (sorta) working now but I get frequent BSOD (internal video scheduler error) and crackly audio. Also confirmed GPU is operating correctly in another system.  I think my riser is bad? Does that seem accurate?

I will see if the PCI standard in BIOS helps. All drivers updated, fresh windows, ran memtest and no problems there - not sure what else to do.

Does seem like a riser issue. Try pulling the system out of the case and building it on a box and running it like that for a bit and see if you can replicate the issues. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

It's ok to just stand the gpu on mobo on a box? I'm worried without anything to anchor the gpu it will not be stable and could get damaged 

2 minutes ago, chokolite said:

It's ok to just stand the gpu on mobo on a box? I'm worried without anything to anchor the gpu it will not be stable and could get damaged 

as long as you're not stressing the video cable from the GPU it should be fine for testing for a few hours. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Solved. If anyone comes across this... it was because I have a PCIe 3.0 riser that was pre-installed in the NZXT H1. Switching mobo to PCIe 3.0 in bios (from auto ie 4.0) solved the issues.