Semi-low GPU/CPU usage in both Warzone and Cold War

CPU: AMD 2600x

GPU: RTX 2070 Super

RAM: Corsair 16GB 3000Mhz

Motherboard: Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming

SSD: Intel 660p 2TB

PSU: Seasonic 750W Gold

Windows 10 64 Bit

I've been having this issue for months now where my GPU usage in COD games (and also other games I play) is no where where it should be (55-70% usage) along with my CPU hovering around 50-60%. I know its not that severe of a CPU bottleneck because I've seen videos of both 1080p and 1440p where the GPU usage is well into the 90's and consistently staying there. I even have done a fresh install of windows multiple times (including yesterday) and have the latest drivers for my GPU and motherboard. This leaves me to assume that it is a hardware problem which I have no problem replacing but I just don't know which component could be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated to figure out what is wrong!

Video showing low usage: 

Created this account just to reply to this. It as if I typed this out because I'm having the exact same issue but with the 2080 super instead of the 2070. It started on Warzone months back, I could barely get 100fps and now it hangs around 70-80 but at least its playable because as of a week ago I can't get more than 31fps in Cold War. I've completely wiped drivers and installed the newest, changed every setting recommended across the internet, ran tests and nothing fixes it. Now this $60 game is unplayable as it seems like its in slow motion from the fps dipping into the teens. My GPU on CoD only, never exceeds 61% usage and has a lower clock. I hope someone finds us both a fix because its highly annoying.

2 hours ago, Slingblade1170 said:

Created this account just to reply to this. It as if I typed this out because I'm having the exact same issue but with the 2080 super instead of the 2070. It started on Warzone months back, I could barely get 100fps and now it hangs around 70-80 but at least its playable because as of a week ago I can't get more than 31fps in Cold War. I've completely wiped drivers and installed the newest, changed every setting recommended across the internet, ran tests and nothing fixes it. Now this $60 game is unplayable as it seems like its in slow motion from the fps dipping into the teens. My GPU on CoD only, never exceeds 61% usage and has a lower clock. I hope someone finds us both a fix because its highly annoying.

Is your CPU pinned at 100%???

18 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Is your CPU pinned at 100%???

No its not. Its as if my GPU is limited to like half its power but only in CoD. I actually fixed the issue last night by rolling back 2 driver updates to 451.67 which works perfect for CoD. If I update it completely breaks my ability to play these games. I don't know whats going on.

7 hours ago, Slingblade1170 said:

No its not. Its as if my GPU is limited to like half its power but only in CoD. I actually fixed the issue last night by rolling back 2 driver updates to 451.67 which works perfect for CoD. If I update it completely breaks my ability to play these games. I don't know whats going on.

Is this a Nvidia driver issue?

14 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Is this a Nvidia driver issue?

I mean it seems to be but I'm part of a discord and over a dozen others with the same or similar GPU are not having this issue on the latest two Nvidia driver updates. I've already wiped all the drivers and reinstalled to ensure there was no conflict causing the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 2:07 AM, mitch515 said:

CPU: AMD 2600x

GPU: RTX 2070 Super

RAM: Corsair 16GB 3000Mhz

Motherboard: Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming

SSD: Intel 660p 2TB

PSU: Seasonic 750W Gold

Windows 10 64 Bit

I've been having this issue for months now where my GPU usage in COD games (and also other games I play) is no where where it should be (55-70% usage) along with my CPU hovering around 50-60%. I know its not that severe of a CPU bottleneck because I've seen videos of both 1080p and 1440p where the GPU usage is well into the 90's and consistently staying there. I even have done a fresh install of windows multiple times (including yesterday) and have the latest drivers for my GPU and motherboard. This leaves me to assume that it is a hardware problem which I have no problem replacing but I just don't know which component could be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated to figure out what is wrong!

Video showing low usage: 

Hey men i have the same trouble, i bought this game, and now i doesn't know what to do, because the game is unplayable for me. I have i7-8700k + gtx 1080 +32 gb 3400hz ram. And my CPU load in the game only 30%, the game demand by the gpu... I haven't this at the Warzone...  I have 120 fps in average, but because of some stutterings i can't play normal..

• 1 month later...

Hello there, i just came to say i have the same issue:

Im currently using a rtx 2070, R9 3900x, 16gb 3600 ram on the ASUS Prime 550 plus. 

My CPU doesnt have any bottleneck with this GPU, yet im still getting only 60-70% gpu utilization in both Warzone and CW. 

The weird thing is that this only started happening recently, in the first months of playing I always had 95%+. I realized that after i reapplied some thermal paste on my cpu and started benchmarking again, the only games that couldnt reach min. 95% GPU utilization were MW and CW. 

Do you still have this issue? Or did you find a fix for it?