Display Port No Signal (Dual Monitor)

Go to solution Solved by VennHearts,

An update, I got it working so far. I changed wire to an HDMI cable that plugs into a Displayport-to-HDMI converter. My theory was that it was either the cable or driver, or a combination.

Specs:

Nvidia RTX 3070

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

B550 Aorus Elite (11n bios update)

16gb RAM G.skill V 3600mhz 

650 EVGA Gold

Windows 10  64bit

Problem: 

My display port when booting up is not working, however my HDMI connection works fine My Monitors are an LG 21' Monitor, and I have two of them. The Monitors have a HDMI plug, so for one of them I have a full on HDMI cord and the other a HDMI/Display port cord. The one using Displayport is not working

My previous build it worked almost fine, I've actually run into this situation before, but I forgot the fix.

Here is the real kicker, when I boot up and go into BIOS, it used the DisplayPort side, rather than the HDMI side. 

What I have done:

Unplug Power of Monitors, Unplug the cords, Turn off PC and turn PSU to off. Then Replugged Monitor (Just the Display port and its power) Then Turned PSU back to on and booted up PC. This resulted in only seeing BIOS, after that it went to Windows 10 and cut me off from seeing

What I did next was change the cords around and test new cords, No dice.

Checked my BIOS to see if there was any settings as shown in a few videos, Could not find such setting as the options were limited.

I will be uploading a video here to show what happens when I boot up and how it technically can detect it.

Any help and input will be helpful.

does your 3070 have more than 1 displayport connector? if it does, try them all.  Also, did you go in the Nvidia settings to turn on both monitors?

49 minutes ago, DestroyerX said:

does your 3070 have more than 1 displayport connector? if it does, try them all.  Also, did you go in the Nvidia settings to turn on both monitors?

Yeah it does, no matter which port I used it still ended up the same

49 minutes ago, DestroyerX said:

did you go in the Nvidia settings to turn on both monitors?

There's a setting where I can try to detect it, but Nvidia won't see it either

Do you have the model number for the monitor? And which 3070 do you have?

So I tried going into safe mode, it showed the Display Port monitor initially, setting up windows, but then quickly switched to the HDMI monitor. I assume its some sort of driver issue

Looking at the FE's connectors I saw they are using DP1.4a.  Not all DP to HDMI cables will work with DP1.4a, do you know that you have a cable that supports it?  And also, with that card i hope you are getting some real monitors for Christmas.

3 hours ago, DestroyerX said:

Looking at the FE's connectors I saw they are using DP1.4a.  Not all DP to HDMI cables will work with DP1.4a, do you know that you have a cable that supports it?  And also, with that card i hope you are getting some real monitors for Christmas.

Heh, Made this on whim because I yolo'd and went to get a 3070 at Microcenter, actually got one and next thing you know, in for a penny, in for a pound. I consider it an early graduation present for myself. 

I'll check online for the DP 1.4a cord Specification and update this further, thanks for the help. P.S Should I get a DP1.4 cable and then a HDMI adapter for it because my monitors will only support that? 

No you don't need to buy 2 things.  You can either buy a DP1.4 to HDMI cable OR DP1.4 adapter to HDMI.  Just buy it somewhere it would be easy to return in case that doesn't work either.

An update, I got it working so far. I changed wire to an HDMI cable that plugs into a Displayport-to-HDMI converter. My theory was that it was either the cable or driver, or a combination.