5900X Overclocking Question

Hi, my 5900X can do 4.55ghz at 1.2V but it can't even get stable 4.6ghz at 1.24V(causes +5掳C heat which doesn't worth the 0.05ghz performance). Am I missing sth or is that normal behaviour? Could it be one of the cores lagging others behind?馃え

I was having similar profile from mine but I found I actually got better all clock speed running PBO with no manual overclock and just pushing the voltage a little. It was definitely better on single core doing this too.

What temps/cooling solution are you getting/using?

11 hours ago, Chris Fortune said:

I was having similar profile from mine but I found I actually got better all clock speed running PBO with no manual overclock and just pushing the voltage a little. It was definitely better on single core doing this too.

What temps/cooling solution are you getting/using?

MA620P in a H500M case, at 1.2V it remains silent and below 80 even at full load. PBO kinda scared me when I saw the default voltage is >1.4V. I thought it may damage the cpu and waited for more info. I guess the PBO finds the good cores and boosts them to higher clocks.

What is the voltage you are using on PBO setting? I should try it up.

12 hours ago, andarhan said:

MA620P in a H500M case, at 1.2V it remains silent and below 80 even at full load. PBO kinda scared me when I saw the default voltage is >1.4V. I thought it may damage the cpu and waited for more info. I guess the PBO finds the good cores and boosts them to higher clocks.

What is the voltage you are using on PBO setting? I should try it up.

1.15 for single core 4.65 and聽 all core 4.5 short load and 4.4 sustained load

3 hours ago, Chris Fortune said:

1.15 for single core 4.65 and聽 all core 4.5 short load and 4.4 sustained load

Now for something really different, I tried underclocking to see what would happen

VCore 1.05

Single core R20 dropped from 617 to 606

All Core R20 rose from 8556 (nominal clock 4.36 to 4.35) to 8655 (nominal clock 4.44 to 4.46) I can only assume the lower voltage gave a better temp and allowed for a more stable all core boost.聽