CPU cooler mounting bracket

GopherTv
Go to solution Solved by GopherTv,

If you have cooling issues with your dell xps special edition upgrade your intake and exhaust fans!!

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS-Desktops/XPS-8930-SE-Exhaust-Fan-and-PSU-Upgrade/m-p/7311865/highlight/true#M24879

I do some heavy overclocking and my dell prebuilt isn't great at cooling my overclocked i7 8700k cpu. There is no easy access to the back of the motherboard so how do I choose a cpu cooler so that I won't have to remove my motherboard and change the mounting bracket. 

My dell xps 8930 special edition prebuilt Specs:

cpu: i7 8700k

gpu: gtx 1080

ram: 4x16gb of some dell ram

ssd: kxg50pnv2t04 nvme toshiba 2048gb

motherboard: dell 0df42j a00

IMG_20201129_173624.jpg

IMG_20201129_173534.jpg

IMG_20201129_173607.jpg

The case is very small so I wanted to get an aio, I was looking at the nzxt kraken m22, ML120L RGB V2, and the corsair h60. I just don't want to take apart my entire computer in order to install it so I need something that will be compatible with whatever mounting bracket is in my computer right now.

33 minutes ago, GopherTv said:

The case is very small so I wanted to get an aio, I was looking at the nzxt kraken m22, ML120L RGB V2, and the corsair h60. I just don't want to take apart my entire computer in order to install it so I need something that will be compatible with whatever mounting bracket is in my computer right now.

I doubt you will find anything, like most if not all Dell systems that's designed for that one cooler only.

It looks like it might take a front case fan though which may help it cope.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I doubt you will find anything, like most if not all Dell systems that's designed for that one cooler only.

In this video the guy has a build similar to mine but its alienware, he just leaves the bracket...? Im still a bit confused

18:22 he says "and the fact that these screw in, we do not have to take the motherboard out."  From that what I inferred, which I may be wrong about, is that its a guess and test system going on???? 

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Ya I rly want a cooling upgrade but I'm not experienced in taking apart basically my ENRITE computer, do you know any cheap like installation services that could do the job of replacing my cpu cooler for me?

2 hours ago, GopherTv said:

Ya I rly want a cooling upgrade but I'm not experienced in taking apart basically my ENRITE computer, do you know any cheap like installation services that could do the job of replacing my cpu cooler for me?

I don't think a cooling upgrade is going to work, the problem with that case is it doesn't seem to have a lot of space for incoming air, thus why adding a front fan if indeed one fits might make the world of difference.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

That actually sounds good,  I found a tutorial that shows how to do this, intake fans in the front, and an upgraded exhaust fan on top to help out the cup cooler.

IMG_3835.JPG