Need help for new pc

The_Lost_Uchiha

Budget (including currency): ~800 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  For work only. Programs used such as outlook, excel, word. Need a lot of storage because it needs to be a office pc. Reason for a new pc is because the old one is too slow and takes too much time changing and loading pages. New pc needs to be efficient and should be able to handle all of the emails coming in, the amount of excel spreadsheets created etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

1 hour ago, The_Lost_Uchiha said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  For work only. Programs used such as outlook, excel, word. Need a lot of storage because it needs to be a office pc. Reason for a new pc is because the old one is too slow and takes too much time changing and loading pages. New pc needs to be efficient and should be able to handle all of the emails coming in, the amount of excel spreadsheets created etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I can build you a PCPartPicker list, just let me know more precisely what you want:

1TB SSD? SATA (cheaper and slower) or NVMe (more expensive and faster)?

16GB RAM (I'm guessing)?

Form factor (small, medium, large)?

Ryzen 3, 5, or 7?

What's your target refresh rate and resolution, and what games are you wanting to play?

2 hours ago, The_Lost_Uchiha said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/louiefriesen/saved/#view=Bwc9rH

You could substitute the WD Blue SN550 1TB for a Kingston A400 960GB and save $20, but the WD Blue is worth it IMO (much faster reads and writes).

Also if you are wondering about the CPU cooler, it's using the stock one included with the CPU.

You could also save $5 if you went with a 500W model of the EVGA BQ PSU but, the 600W one was only $5 more so I did that instead (for more expandability for a more powerful graphics card).

You could also save another $20 and get an ASRock B450M PRO4 if you don't need wifi.

You could also save another $20 and go for the 4GB version of the 5500 XT, but I'd recommend 8GB.

26 minutes ago, Louie Friesen said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/louiefriesen/saved/#view=Bwc9rH

You could substitute the WD Blue SN550 1TB for a Kingston A400 960GB and save $20, but the WD Blue is worth it IMO (much faster reads and writes).

Also if you are wondering about the CPU cooler, it's using the stock one included with the CPU.

You could also save $5 if you went with a 500W model of the EVGA BQ PSU but, the 600W one was only $5 more so I did that instead (for more expandability for a more powerful graphics card).

You could also save another $20 and get an ASRock B450M PRO4 if you don't need wifi.

You could also save another $20 and go for the 4GB version of the 5500 XT, but I'd recommend 8GB.

I don’t plan on playing any video games on it. For storage, the more the merrier. Size isn’t a concern. The main thing is that the workstation should be able to function properly. I like the one you built. Maybe add a little more storage though.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, The_Lost_Uchiha said:

I don’t plan on playing any video games on it. For storage, the more the merrier. Size isn’t a concern. The main thing is that the workstation should be able to function properly. I like the one you built. Maybe add a little more storage though.

Sorry for the late reply. I'll modify it for more storage and less powerful graphics.