No post or display

Hi Guys,

building my first PC and I’ve got a problem.

I’ll insert my specs below and carry on from there:

Motherboard: Msi b550 tommohawk

GPU: ASUS GeForce gtx 1660 super

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600XT

RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 3200MHz

PSU: EVGA BQ 650W Bronze semi modular 

Case: NZXT H510i

Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD

Basically what happens is the system powers on, CPU LED on the mother board lights up, then turns off, VGA light on motherboard turns on, then turns off, then the boot light turns on and stays on. The boot light indicates that the boot drive has not been detected, even though it’s my first turn on and I want to open the BIOS, however no display on the TV to open the BIOS. Graphics card will start running but then the fans stop spinning after a few seconds.

HDMI is connected to the graphics card and TV recognises that the HDMI is in use but shows no information or display.

If I plug my USB with the windows install on it then the boot light doesn’t illuminate but still no display on the TV. 
would it be possible that I’d need a dedicated PC monitor to be able to see the post screen or should this not matter that I’m using my TV?

Any help would be highly appreciated lads, thank you.

Rhys

1 hour ago, Rhys Burch said:

would it be possible that I’d need a dedicated PC monitor to be able to see the post screen or should this not matter that I’m using my TV

The TV should work just fine for that.

Try disconnecting all devices that aren't necessary for booting. Only connect mobo, CPU, one RAM stick (in the correct slot) and GPU without a harddrive or SSD. If this doesn't work try a different RAM stick. If this doens't work try every single RAM stick in every single mobo slot until you get a post.

Other things to try in this order (if you can):

- Reset CMOS

- disconnect from power source and take out mobo battery. wait for two minutes, plug everything back in and try again.

- different power supply

- different GPU

- different CPU

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

57 minutes ago, HotdropHeinz said:

The TV should work just fine for that.

Try disconnecting all devices that aren't necesary for bootung. only connect mobo, CPU, one RAM stick (in the correct slot) and GPU without a harddrive or SSD

Thank you, I’ll give it a try when I get back from work and Hope something happens haha.