Corrupt PowerPoint

Hi Guys,

I've got a powerpoint file that just decided to corrupt itself, after trying to run the auto repair in office, it still fails and says "Can't read file"

I've unblocked the file in properties, just wondering if there's anything that I can really try?

Thanks

It's very possible that the presentation is unrecoverable, though you can try opening the presentation with the following methods:

• Run PowerPoint in Safe Mode. (Win+R, enter powerpoint.exe /safe in Run)
  • Open the file in Word and recover if prompted.
  • Open the file in LibreOffice Impress and recover if prompted.

... along with these untested methods suggested on Technet:

Copy PowerPoint Slides into another PowerPoint files
In this, you need to create new PowerPoint slides to repair them completely. It simply require to import the full content of corrupted files into new slides. After copying the whole content into new slides. Save them into another location. The previous folder might be dealing with some virus or malware. So, by saving the newly created PPTX file in another folder save the file from corruption. 

Open PPTX files as theme template
For this, you need to open the blank file and add the slides into it. Then, click on File>> Save as and save the file with new name. After this go to design tab to choose the desired theme. Browse the corrupted PPTX file and theme will be added to the slides. Import the file and save the file with different name and location.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/d1458c98-040b-4d33-8b55-72d7996cc109/how-to-repair-corrupted-pptx-file

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)