Omen laptop Question

clock

Hi

what do you think about these specs vs the price (buying online nearly impossible for me :( )

HP OMEN 15 1N7Y1EA – GTX 1660Ti

$ 1,550.0  + (60$ for 8gb ram)

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

• Intel Core i7-10750H Hexa-Core
  • 8GB of DDR4 RAM
  • 512Gb NVMe SSD
  • 15.6″ diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti  (6GB GDDR6)
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 5.0
  • Backlit Keyboard

Product number

1N7Y1EA

Microprocessor

Intel® Core™ i7-10750H (2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5.0 GHz base with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)

Chipset

Intel HM370

Memory, standard

8 GB DDR4 SDRAM  2 user-accessible memory slots;

Video graphics

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti Graphics (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

Hard drive

• 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Display

15.6″ 144 Hz diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)

Keyboard

Full-size 2-zone lighting backlit keyboard with numeric keypad and NKRO

Pointing device

Touchpad with multi-touch gesture support and 26-Key Rollover Anti-Ghosting Key technology

Wireless connectivity

Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11b/g/n/ac (2×2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 Combo

Network interface

Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN

Expansion slots

1 multi-format SD media card reader

External ports

1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer u p to 5 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI; 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo

Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)

36 x 26.3 x 2.6 cm

Weight

2.47 kg

Power supply type

200 W AC power adapter

Battery type

4-cell, 70 Wh Li-ion

Webcam

HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone

Audio features

Bang & Olufsen, dual speakers, HP Audio Boost, DTS Headphone:X support

Operating system

FreeDos

@clock

I owned the Ryzen version of the laptop you're looking at. For the first three weeks of use, I loved it. I thought it was the perfect balance of power and price. Just over three weeks the backlight went out, suddenly and without warning. Sent it to HP for repair - three additional weeks later, they tell me they aren't going to give it back to me because the engineers want to figure out why my backlight failed. They said it could be indicative of a problem with the entire lineup and are currently mailing me a check for what I paid for the device.

Long story short, be VERY wary of that laptop.

That said, the price you're quoted seems rather high, as the Intel version where I live can be had for about $200 less right now. But assuming you don't have the same issue I had, the laptop itself was great and a jack of all trades. So good luck!

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2020 at 11:51 AM, Stylized_Violence said:

@clock

I owned the Ryzen version of the laptop you're looking at. For the first three weeks of use, I loved it. I thought it was the perfect balance of power and price. Just over three weeks the backlight went out, suddenly and without warning. Sent it to HP for repair - three additional weeks later, they tell me they aren't going to give it back to me because the engineers want to figure out why my backlight failed. They said it could be indicative of a problem with the entire lineup and are currently mailing me a check for what I paid for the device.

Long story short, be VERY wary of that laptop.

That said, the price you're quoted seems rather high, as the Intel version where I live can be had for about $200 less right now. But assuming you don't have the same issue I had, the laptop itself was great and a jack of all trades. So good luck!

thank you

what about this one

is it worth the money

HP OMEN 15 RYZEN 7 4800H – GTX 1650Ti

$ 1,390.0

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

• Ryzen 7 4800H octa core
  • 16GB of DDR4 3200Hz RAM
  • 1Tb NVMe SSD
  • 15.6″) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), 144 Hz, 7 ms response time, IPS, micro-edge, anti-glare, 300 nits, 72% NTSC
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti  (4GB GDDR6)
  • Backlit Keyboard

Product number

2H0S1EA

Microprocessor

AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H (2.9 GHz base clock, up to 4.2 GHz max boost clock, 8 MB L3 cache, 8 cores)

Chipset

AMD Integrated SoC

Memory, standard

16 GB DDR4 3200Hz SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)

Video graphics

• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

Hard drive

• 1000GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Display

15.6″) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), 144 Hz, 7 ms response time, IPS, micro-edge, anti-glare, 300 nits, 72% NTSC

Keyboard

Pointing device

Touchpad with multi-touch gesture support and 26-Key Rollover Anti-Ghosting Key technology

Wireless connectivity

Realtek 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2×2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 combo

Network interface

Expansion slots

External ports

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate (DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 Mini DisplayPort™; 1 HDMI 2.0a; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo

36 x 26.3 x 2.6 cm

Weight

2.38kg

Power supply type

150 W Smart AC power adapter

Battery type

3-cell, 52.5 Wh Li-ion

Webcam

Audio features

audio by Bang & Olufsen; DTS:X® Ultra; OMEN Audio Control Support DTS:X® Ultra; Dual speakers; HP Audio Boost 2.0

Operating system

FreeDos

2 hours ago, clock said:

thank you

what about this one

is it worth the money

HP OMEN 15 RYZEN 7 4800H – GTX 1650Ti

$ 1,390.0

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

• Ryzen 7 4800H octa core
  • 16GB of DDR4 3200Hz RAM
  • 1Tb NVMe SSD
  • 15.6″) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), 144 Hz, 7 ms response time, IPS, micro-edge, anti-glare, 300 nits, 72% NTSC
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti  (4GB GDDR6)
  • Backlit Keyboard

Product number

2H0S1EA

Microprocessor

AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H (2.9 GHz base clock, up to 4.2 GHz max boost clock, 8 MB L3 cache, 8 cores)

Chipset

AMD Integrated SoC

Memory, standard

16 GB DDR4 3200Hz SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)

Video graphics

• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

Hard drive

• 1000GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Display

15.6″) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), 144 Hz, 7 ms response time, IPS, micro-edge, anti-glare, 300 nits, 72% NTSC

Keyboard

Pointing device

Wireless connectivity

Realtek 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2×2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 combo

Network interface

Expansion slots

External ports

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate (DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 Mini DisplayPort™; 1 HDMI 2.0a; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo

36 x 26.3 x 2.6 cm

Weight

2.38kg

Power supply type

150 W Smart AC power adapter

Battery type

3-cell, 52.5 Wh Li-ion

Webcam

Audio features

audio by Bang & Olufsen; DTS:X® Ultra; OMEN Audio Control Support DTS:X® Ultra; Dual speakers; HP Audio Boost 2.0

Operating system

FreeDos

Well that one is practically identical to the one I had, except I had a 1660Ti but everything else was the same. And like I said in my previous post, if it wasn't for the backlight issue the laptop itself was stellar; it stayed cool, played all my games easily, and seemed all around great for the price. I think I paid like $1100 for mine, but it was a sale so honestly at $1300 it's not a terrible price. If you can avoid the issue I had I'd say you'd be very happy with it. What kinds of things are you going to need it for?

2 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Well that one is practically identical to the one I had, except I had a 1660Ti but everything else was the same. And like I said in my previous post, if it wasn't for the backlight issue the laptop itself was stellar; it stayed cool, played all my games easily, and seemed all around great for the price. I think I paid like $1100 for mine, but it was a sale so honestly at $1300 it's not a terrible price. If you can avoid the issue I had I'd say you'd be very happy with it. What kinds of things are you going to need it for?

backlit of the keyboard or you mean as a display issue ?

I will use it for graphic design (72% NTSC) and some games

2 hours ago, clock said:

backlit of the keyboard or you mean as a display issue ?

I will use it for graphic design (72% NTSC) and some games

Backlight of the display, snapped off one day while watching Youtube. Craziest thing really, something like that doesn't usually fail within three weeks haha. Graphic design? Well I think it should do you pretty well, I think it's got fairly accurate colors as the panel is LG so it was pretty good in my opinion. I'm also color deficient so take any comments on accurate color with a grain of salt :P