Planned PC

TheBlackRose

Budget (including currency): 5000 (AUD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: everything really i don't have any specific game.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have all peripherals a 1080P 144Hz monitor and a 6tb WD Black for game storage and a 500GB samsung 850 evo for boot and games i want to load faster but I want change to a m.2 for boot.

Hey guys just want a little help with my current list as it's the PC i am planning to upgrade to, I haven't added a GPU as i'm going to be getting a 3080. Just wondering if everything looks good and weather or not i should change any parts around to be more suited. And I know this is a massive overkill for 1080P but i do plan on upgrading the monitor later it's just not as important to me right now.

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, TheBlackRose said:

There's lots of ways you could cut the price, but none of these components are bad choices really.

If you want to save money, a 10600k or 10700k will perform near identically to the 10900k in games.

If you get the 10900k I would suggest checking out this video so you get a motherboard that gives you plenty of headroom if you want to overclock

Otherwise looks like an epic build. Enjoy it :)

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

2 minutes ago, marmour said:

If you get the 10900k I would suggest checking out this video so you get a motherboard that gives you plenty of headroom if you want to overclock

Thanks i'll give the video a look.

yeah aside from the mobo as people generally dont have spectacular experiences with those, nothing in your build is objectively bad. ill toss up a few changes id make in a sec

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

I wouldn't go with a 10900K for gaming unless you don't care about budget at all. The 10600K is extremely close to it in framerates, and you better have  a 144Hz+ monitor to take advantage of the additional performance. Here's some videos with benchmarks to look at.

Tuning the RAM Speed has a pretty big performance impact, I'd look for RAM with tighter timings if you're going to try and get the best overclocks / performance. Say 3600 C16, which will be a bit more expensive but it is available.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

40 minutes ago, TheBlackRose said:

Budget (including currency): 5000 (AUD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: everything really i don't have any specific game.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have all peripherals a 1080P 144Hz monitor and a 6tb WD Black for game storage and a 500GB samsung 850 evo for boot and games i want to load faster but I want change to a m.2 for boot.

Hey guys just want a little help with my current list as it's the PC i am planning to upgrade to, I haven't added a GPU as i'm going to be getting a 3080. Just wondering if everything looks good and weather or not i should change any parts around to be more suited. And I know this is a massive overkill for 1080P but i do plan on upgrading the monitor later it's just not as important to me right now.

Cheers.

Build looks brill, however, I have one question.

Why go with Intel when Ryzen is soooo much better.

I mean, the Ryzen 9 3900x has 2 more cores and 4 extra threads for $200 less

And with that RAM, you will notice a performance boost with Ryzen.

Correct me if I'm wrong. And yes I know that the boost isn't as high.

System

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Phanteks eclipse P400A

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16GB XPG D60G CL16 3200MHZ

PSU: Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W

Storage: Crucial P2 1TB

21 hours ago, CloudPC said:

ryzen is good but its not better for games. extra cores and threads dont matter, numbers matter. intel is only ahead by a 5-10 percent in high framerate scenarios but its still an advantage. that being said, a quick run down of the facts:

is ryzen better bang for the buck? yep.

does ryzen make more sense for most builds with reasonable budgets? yep.

would getting the next tier up in gpu be worth more than getting intel over ryzen? yep.

do ryzen motherboards have nice features (pcie 4.0) and all that for less than comparable z490s? yep.

does intel still have objectively better gaming performance? yep.

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

22 hours ago, CloudPC said:

Ryzen is not ‘soooo much better’. 

To start, this build is for gaming which intel wins at, no question. When a 10600k can beat a 3950x in games it’s kinda embarrassing for AMD. 

Along with the above point, Intel is more stable than AMD. Alongside that Intel has a MUCH higher OC headroom than AMD. 

22 hours ago, VeganJoy said:

yeah aside from the mobo as people generally dont have spectacular experiences with those, nothing in your build is objectively bad. ill toss up a few changes id make in a sec

fair enough i only picked that motherboard because my original board pcpartpicker was saying there were issues with the case and m.2.

1 minute ago, TheBlackRose said:

fair enough i only picked that motherboard because my original board pcpartpicker was saying there were issues with the case and m.2.

btw if you wanna get all crazy with this build and match some asus goodies heres the build i would do :D

if you dont like the look of the ryujin the nzxt z73 is another premium aio that you might like to fiddle around with. either would look great in the o11d, and the ryujin matching the hero? wew thatd be sick

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

btw if you wanna get all crazy with this build and match some asus goodies heres the build i would do :D

if you dont like the look of the ryujin the nzxt z73 is another premium aio that you might like to fiddle around with. either would look great in the o11d, and the ryujin matching the hero? wew thatd be sick

I checked it out and from what i see that motherboard has the same issue my original board has with it saying the motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 1 headers for the case, and that the m.2 occupies a sata port which i'm pretty sure doesn't matter since i only have 3 hard drives and the board has 6 sata ports.

9 minutes ago, TheBlackRose said:

I checked it out and from what i see that motherboard has the same issue my original board has with it saying the motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 1 headers for the case, and that the m.2 occupies a sata port which i'm pretty sure doesn't matter since i only have 3 hard drives and the board has 6 sata ports.

yeah i personally dont care about usb headers but there are simple adapters if that matters to ya. and youll have to check the owners manual for which ports are deactivated with m.2 slots occupied, that usually occurs on a lot of boards as theres not actually enough bandwidth/lanes on the chipset and cpu to handle that many devices. it should be a solid setup, super fast stock let alone if you overclock some goodies. the maximus hero is a super kickass board

topics i need help on:

Spoiler