Need Suggestions for a tripple monitor setup | Possible even Suggestions for new monitors

Doktor_KlingeL

Hey folks,

first of all I hope you all have a very beautiful and nice weekend.

So here is my problem. At the moment I have a slightly worn GTX 980 Ti paired with an ASUS PG279Q 1440p IPS 165Hz monitor.

Apart from needing to undervolt and underclock the Graphics Card or it will randomly crash...well apart from that its working completely fine, but thats not the point of this particular thread is it :D

I want to have a 2nd or maybe a 3rd monitor hooked on my computer, so my first question is...will a RTX 3080 be able to run three 1440p monitors? But at most two should not be a problem right?

Furthermore I was looking for a tripple wall mount for those monitors, but they are none. I was just finding tripple monitor mounts for installing directly to the desk itself.

But I found this one and I am planing to buy 3 of those and installing them directly to my wall: ARCTIC W1-3D

Here it is how it looks (it is in a spoiler because I am to inept to rescale the picture):

Spoiler

spacer.png

So that would be the wall mount for the monitors. But I need to make a decision reagarding those 2 new monitors. My budget for those two monitors is 600 Euros each.

I would prefer to have all three monitors to be the same brand and model but the PQ279Q is still priced at 650 Euros on Amazon, which is for two more monitors 100 Euro over my current budget.

But I found this monitor ASUS ROG Swift PG278QE

It looks very similar or even exactly like my current monitor. Specwise it is a LED panel with a reaction time of 1ms instead of the 4ms my IPS monitor has.

Would you buy that monitor in my case or would you wait a little bit and buy my current display again if I have the cash for it?