Samsung galaxy s 3 battery life problems.

Recently my galaxy s 3 have gotten considerably worse battery time than it was just a couple of weeks ago. Suddenly my phone drains all its battery from full to zero in about four hours of light use (less if I play games). The interesting part is that I don't think the battery itself isn't what's causing the problem because when I clear my ram it says often that around 30 apps are being closed down, which is alot more than it used to be. Have anyone else experienced this problem and have any kind of solution for it?

If you recently installed 4.3 there software screwed everything up for my Galaxy s3. I've heard that if you disable the samsung email app and use gmail instead it helps a bit I tried it and it worked ok. You can't do much about it other than root and install CyanogenMod.

It's mainly there 4.3 update causing issues, to be honest I completely doubt they're gonna release a fix for awhile because the s5 is coming and the s3 is getting kinda old like how apple only has ios7 on the iphone 4+

You could also get a larger battery however you won't see much improvement if you buy the 2200mah battery and pretty much anything higher than 2200mah will require a special backplate and special cases adding a large amount of bulk to the phone.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Do you use it a lot? The more you drain the battery and charge it up to 100% again the faster it degrades, to the point where it cannot even boot without being plugged in.

Had the same issue, but my problem looking back on it now was what Gazzer96 has mentioned. I let the battery drain to much and fully charged it from there, ultimately killing the batteries cycle. Then add in the updates that suck juice and i was screwed. I installed i think it was called Betterybatterystatus or somethign similar to lead me to this conclusion. Ultimately what i did was battery up! lol. I didn't want the additional bulk the extended batteries add and besides, i would just use it more with a larger battery ultimately left with the same use times. I ended up picking up a super cheap S3 Ebay battery  and this S3 Battery and spare charger. From this point forward i never let the battery full drain and always replace it asap. If it's super low and im away from the spare i simply power down to avoid full drain. I still use the S3 from time to time at home when my N5 is charging! hope you sort it! 

If you recently installed 4.3 there software screwed everything up for my Galaxy s3. I've heard that if you disable the samsung email app and use gmail instead it helps a bit I tried it and it worked ok. You can't do much about it other than root and install CyanogenMod.

It's mainly there 4.3 update causing issues, to be honest I completely doubt they're gonna release a fix for awhile because the s5 is coming and the s3 is getting kinda old like how apple only has ios7 on the iphone 4+

You could also get a larger battery however you won't see much improvement if you buy the 2200mah battery and pretty much anything higher than 2200mah will require a special backplate and special cases adding a large amount of bulk to the phone.

Do you use it a lot? The more you drain the battery and charge it up to 100% again the faster it degrades, to the point where it cannot even boot without being plugged in.

Had the same issue, but my problem looking back on it now was what Gazzer96 has mentioned. I let the battery drain to much and fully charged it from there, ultimately killing the batteries cycle. Then add in the updates that suck juice and i was screwed. I installed i think it was called Betterybatterystatus or somethign similar to lead me to this conclusion. Ultimately what i did was battery up! lol. I didn't want the additional bulk the extended batteries add and besides, i would just use it more with a larger battery ultimately left with the same use times. I ended up picking up a super cheap S3 Ebay battery  and this S3 Battery and spare charger. From this point forward i never let the battery full drain and always replace it asap. If it's super low and im away from the spare i simply power down to avoid full drain. I still use the S3 from time to time at home when my N5 is charging! hope you sort it! 

It's not because I uådated it since it was long time ago I did that. Yeah I use it alot but as I said I don't think it depends on the battery because I always have like 30 backround programs that drains it so I think it's the software itself what's causing it. Chapstick man so you just bought more batteries to replace then?