Getting Started on the N5. some basic questions

igotsnomoney

So my N5 arrives in 2 days, and I'm starting the long an painful migration from iOS to android. Just a couple of question

1) what was the music player that linseed used. I know it wasn't power amp because he switched to soothing else that sounded better

2)Against the majority of all people, i actually like iTunes, it works great and its relatively stable (at least the version on my mac), and it keeps a very organized directory of my library. Is there anyway to "optionally" sync from iTunes into a nexus 5, this will be especially helpful on the initial migration

3)what is the best wireless charger? The one that was in google play looked a little bit small, and i was wondering if there were better ones you could recommend

4) backing up contact information from iPhone to n5. this one is big, i have so much contact information, i realy don't want to do it manually. Is there something like the moto x migrator but for the n5.

5) i'm just going to throw the rest of these in a list they are not that important and i can easily google it, but i want your opinions.

-best launcher

-best rss reader (preferably free)

-best text message messenger (I don't like hangouts)

-best weather app/widget

-best camera app

1. Apollo

Move to your computer, then to the phone

The Google Play one is the best

Your carried should have something

You dont need one, no idea, no idea, go weather, stock

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

answers for the extras 

1. Nova or Apex for customization, GEL for simplicity

2. Chronus 

3. nothing really but custom roms are now implementing the old jellybean texting app ;)

4. Chronus

5. just stick with the stock camera for the most part they are fine

for backing up your phone learn adb and how to use it

So my N5 arrives in 2 days, and I'm starting the long an painful migration from iOS to android. Just a couple of question

1) what was the music player that linseed used. I know it wasn't power amp because he switched to soothing else that sounded better

2)Against the majority of all people, i actually like iTunes, it works great and its relatively stable (at least the version on my mac), and it keeps a very organized directory of my library. Is there anyway to "optionally" sync from iTunes into a nexus 5, this will be especially helpful on the initial migration

3)what is the best wireless charger? The one that was in google play looked a little bit small, and i was wondering if there were better ones you could recommend

4) backing up contact information from iPhone to n5. this one is big, i have so much contact information, i realy don't want to do it manually. Is there something like the moto x migrator but for the n5.

5) i'm just going to throw the rest of these in a list they are not that important and i can easily google it, but i want your opinions.

-best launcher

-best weather app/widget

-best camera app

I'm sorry that I'm only able to help you with your last few questions

best messenger: telegram is a safer version of whatsapp, but my dad insists on using threema (according to the local business newspaper it's safer than telegram)

best weather: just go with the accuweather apps,

best camera: procapture, it isn't free, but there is a trial version

answers for the extras 

1. Nova or Apex for customization, GEL for simplicity

2. Chronus 

3. nothing really but custom roms are now implementing the old jellybean texting app ;)

4. Chronus

5. just stick with the stock camera for the most part they are fine

for backing up your phone learn adb and how to use it

when I upgraded to a different camera app from stock the change was huge, it immediatly made everything in focus and much brighter and more vibrant than the stock samsung app. I'll never go back, you might be missing out, go and try procapture out you can get it on 4shared and decide to pay for it if you really like it just like I did.

when I upgraded to a different camera app from stock the change was huge, it immediatly made everything in focus and much brighter and more vibrant than the stock samsung app. I'll never go back, you might be missing out, go and try procapture out you can get it on 4shared and decide to pay for it if you really like it just like I did.

but the nexus camera is perfectly fine... The only camera app I'll recommend is Focal

-best launcher

-best weather app/widget

-best camera app

1 - As stated earlier, Apollo.

2 - I believe this was stated earlier, but you can have Google's Play Music app sync everything you have to the your Google Music account and stream it, but there's no way to sync it to be local from iTunes afaik.

3 - The one on Google Play is excellent, however, I had this charger; TYLT VU ; worked excellently, but I gave it to a relative who puts it to more use than I did.

4 - Any decent carrier would have something for you to do that with, though if you prefer to move them manually, rather than through your carrier, you could use any of these (I've used all three, listed from what I'd say easiest to hardest.);

• Bump (it's an app in the Play/App store.)
  • Export your contacts as a vcard, import to Contacts on Android.

5 - I use Nova. Definitely my favorite. Matter of opinion altogether. Google Now (stock) is also decent. Feedly is free and would be my go to RSS reader, though I don't have many uses for RSS readers. The old messaging app (as well as the one that AOSPA uses if you don't flash gapps) is decent as well. Beautiful widgets has a few weather widgets, not bad, but I use Google Now for the weather. Stock camera is decent, no others are really anything special.