Performance Bottleneck

Marty6IX

Hey Guys, 

I'm having issues with my gaming PC its newly built and about a month old, I'm getting into PC gaming but there seems to be a Bottleneck which is hindering my PC's Performance and bringing FPS count low counts, When actively gaming i am getting a constant of 40-59 FPS and when the game gets aggressive it drops down to as low as 12fps. The only game i play on it is COD and it's really frustrating because the game is unplayable. I'm gonna list my specs and maybe you guys can point out where there might be an issue. Thanks

MotherBoard: Asrock B450m Pro4-F

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 2080

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB (Running at 3400mhz)

PSU: EVGA 600W

I doubt storage has anything todo with it but i'm gonna list it anyways

2TB SSHD (Media)

240GB SSD (Windows)

2TB NVME M.2 (Gaming Storage)

Acer Monitor 75hz 1ms delay

(Everything is running at stock speed)

Side Note: Cooling is not the issue I believe as the exhausted air slightly above room temp

I'm new to PC building and I thought this was going to be a killer build as I have a RTX 2080 or were my expectations too high? 

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Marty6IX said:

GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 2080

it might be because u might be playing at 4k i believe , try changing settings , the 2080 super is awsome for 4k gaming but such heavy applications may fail to run at good fps , otherwise i dont see any huge bottleneck here ..... and try clearing your cmos

4 minutes ago, Marty6IX said:

Acer Monitor 75hz 1ms delay

BUT WHY ??? a rtx 2080s and a 75 hz monitor OOF

Just now, alirafi321 said:

it might be because u might be playing at 4k i believe , try changing settings , the 2080 super is awsome for 4k gaming but such heavy applications may fail to run at good fps , otherwise i dont see any huge bottleneck here ..... and try clearing your cmos

BUT WHY ??? a rtx 2080s and a 75 hz monitor OOF

I'm looking to upgrade the monitor in a few weeks, I just grabbed this one because it was cheap, i plan on using it as a second monitor later on when i upgrade to a 144z-240hz, the monitor i have now is 1080p I will check what res the game is on

15 minutes ago, Marty6IX said:

I'm looking to upgrade the monitor in a few weeks, I just grabbed this one because it was cheap, i plan on using it as a second monitor later on when i upgrade to a 144z-240hz, the monitor i have now is 1080p I will check what res the game is on

did u check the res?

1 minute ago, alirafi321 said:

did u check the res?

Hey, I checked the Res and it was on 4k! i turned it about half way because 1080P looked like ass, but the game is waaaay smoother now, im getting double the FPS, there was a time wear it dropped to 24 fps for a second but i think it might be due to activisions coding. Thanks now I see why PC master race is a thing. 

Side note- If I do upgrade to a 4k display is there something i should upgrade in my system so it runs without a hiccup? 

Just now, Marty6IX said:

Hey, I checked the Res and it was on 4k! i turned it about half way because 1080P looked like ass, but the game is waaaay smoother now, im getting double the FPS, there was a time wear it dropped to 24 fps for a second but i think it might be due to activisions coding. Thanks now I see why PC master race is a thing. 

Side note- If I do upgrade to a 4k display is there something i should upgrade in my system so it runs without a hiccup? 

get a better cpu , but not rn , wait for the ryzen 4000 series desktop chips to release , but the r5 3600 isnt any bad , but it might have a really small bottleneck ......... and if u have the money get the rtx 3000 series card when it releases ........ and an rtx 2080s will run at 1440p at 144hz , so dont play on 1080p .....

51 minutes ago, alirafi321 said:

get a better cpu , but not rn , wait for the ryzen 4000 series desktop chips to release , but the r5 3600 isnt any bad , but it might have a really small bottleneck ......... and if u have the money get the rtx 3000 series card when it releases ........ and an rtx 2080s will run at 1440p at 144hz , so dont play on 1080p .....

Yea my rtx is about a month old, i could possibly do a return or just sell it and get the 3000 series, but anyways thank you this helped out

1 minute ago, Marty6IX said:

Yea my rtx is about a month old, i could possibly do a return or just sell it and get the 3000 series, but anyways thank you this helped out

oh yah thats even an option