RTX 2060 getting bottlenecked by a intel core i7-9750h(poor graphic card perfomance)

I have a asus rog zephyrus m gu502v which has the following specs

RTX 2060

Intel core i7-9750h(Coffelake)

16 gb ddr4(single channel)

1TB SSD

Still my graphic card even in turbo mode gives very poor performance, I get huge frame drops playing fortnite and hardly get around a 100 fps while playing. My friend with a gtx 1660ti and a core i5 laptop gets consistent 144 fps while gaming.

I've tried undervolting and overclocking my gpu but I still don't even get consistent 80 fps.

I started riva tuna while gaming and noticed that my cpu was hovering around 90-95 degress celsius while gaming.I tried undervolting my cpu as well but the temperatures did not change, and while I was stress testing my cpu in XTU I also got to know that there's also a problem of power limit throttling and current limit throttling. My package tdp reaches 45-47W while stress testing which is the ideal supply needed for a core i7 even so the power limit throttling still persists.

Please help me get higher and consistent fps and reduce my cpu temps

IMG_20200819_104249.jpg

I have tried undervolting but it had no effect on the temps.

And also I've seen people with 97 cpu temp getting 240 fps so is it possible that my graphics card has some problem?

On 8/19/2020 at 7:44 AM, devesh2003 said:

I have tried undervolting but it had no effect on the temps.

And also I've seen people with 97 cpu temp getting 240 fps so is it possible that my graphics card has some problem?

you are bottlenecking your GPU with your CPU's Temperature. People with higher cpu temp and score may be able to hold the clock higher on high temperatures. i would recommend for you to upgrade your cooling

I've managed to get my CPU temps around 69-75 degrees through undervolting still I see no difference in performance. And I'm on a laptop:(