IO shield have electric current

is it dangerous if the io shield have electric current? i accidentally touched it and grounds me. Is it dangerous for my components?

2 minutes ago, charliellantino said:

is it dangerous if the io shield have electric current? i accidentally touched it and grounds me. Is it dangerous for my components?

You should for sure look into what is causing it. Is your case on a carpet? Is the cord you are using grounded? Is the socket grounded?

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You should for sure look into what is causing it. Is your case on a carpet? Is the cord you are using grounded? Is the socket grounded?

My system is on the table i guess this is the cause. The metal on io shield got into the port of lan cable can it really be the cause?

C333406B-A6C2-4C2B-8064-644E09906790.jpeg

43 minutes ago, charliellantino said:

My system is on the table i guess this is the cause. The metal on io shield got into the port of lan cable can it really be the cause?

C333406B-A6C2-4C2B-8064-644E09906790.jpeg

Doubt it. It's just touching plastic. You can always just cut the metal piece off and see. But I assume it's more of a grounding issues or the motherboard is touching the case/io shield somewhere.

35 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Doubt it. It's just touching plastic. You can always just cut the metal piece off and see. But I assume it's more of a grounding issues or the motherboard is touching the case/io shield somewhere.

Ok thank you i'll check it but can it really damage the components right?

39 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I was also about to remove all the parts so that i can fix that metal touching the plastic in mobo and also my cables are new except the keyboard and mouse

1 hour ago, charliellantino said:

Ok thank you i'll check it but can it really damage the components right?

It can over time cause issues yes.

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

It can over time cause issues yes.

I tried removing my extension and just using psu to avr to socket and the ground from io shield is gone i guess my extension is grounded thanks for the help!