Looking for headphone setup

BigN

Looking for some headphones and setup for new computer (asrock B550 steel legend). I don't have very good/discerning ears, so not looking for audiophile level, but I tend to really dislike gamer headsets. Microphone not desired. 

US based

350$ budget that can stretch a bit but would like less if possible. 

Listen to everything from Hamilton to Sai and everything in between as well as non-competitive games. 

I tend to favor base and volume over audio perfection, but I can't discern well enough anyway. 

If possible I'd like to go with an amp due to where my computer is located and not wanting an extra long headphone cord. 

Preferably recommendation for items that are actually in stock somewhere, but any info would be great. No preference to open/closed, but I dislike very heavy headphones. 

Thanks!

Quick question, would you prefer open back, or closed back? Open back headphones sound more spacious (this is a generalization), but generally lack bass when compared to most closed back designs.

My personal recommendation for headphones would be the Audio Technica ATH-M50x. It is very hard to go wrong with these headphones.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HVLUR86

Open back design is a little more difficult, but I would have to go with the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011UB9CQ

Hope that is a bit of help.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Sound Blaster X3 amp/dac combo with the DT 990 pros. Can't go wrong with the software the X3 has. Really good stuff for gaming and music listening.

The X3 amp/dac has an option called crystalizer. This makes the bass more deep and crisp imo. Also it brings back old recorded music back to life. (No joke)

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Thanks for the recommendation.

If I had some powered desktop speakers that also have a headphone input, would I be able to use the X3 without swapping cables or is there a better product available?