People keep whining about new coins and coins based on memes or silly things. But you obviously don't know what you're talking about because dogecoin has a 60million dollar market cap at the time of this posting. Many people only know about altcoins because of dogecoin. And then consider Auroracoin, who's market cap has increased 10 times in like a week and was "just another coin" as people kept saying. The fact is, people wouldn't be making coins if there wasn't an incentive to do so, which means the demand is increasing. The more coins we have the larger the reach. Soon an entire country will have cryptos (Iceland). Will this sudden injection of coins cause a decrease in the price? Probably. But this will also get more people comfortable with the idea of cryptocurrencies in general which will probably help all other coins including auroracoin in the long run. Altcoins will probably have a hundred billion dollar plus market cap only a few years from now...possibly higher and possibly sooner than that. Getting upset at someone who creates a random coin that you don't care about is even more silly than them creating that coin. If you don't like it DON'T USE IT! Don't trade for it. Simple as that.

http://www.grumpycoins.com/

http://auroracoin.org/

Cpu: 8350 @ 4.0Ghz / Mobo: Asus M5a99FX Pro R2.0 / RAM: 16GB HyperX Blu / GPU: GTX 780 DCII OC / CASE: NZXT Tempest 410 / SSDs: 120GB Samsung 840 / 240GB Samsung 840 Evo HDDs: 3TB WD Green / 320GB Seagate Momentus / PSU: Corsair TX650W / Display: Dell 1080p / Sound: Audigy 2 zs

Although Dogecoin and other newer coins are doing well, they still seems ridiculous. 

flawless logic

won't even bother arguing

and please take your promotions elsewhere

Error: 410

People keep whining about new coins and coins based on memes or silly things. But you obviously don't know what you're talking about because dogecoin has a 60million dollar market cap at the time of this posting. Many people only know about altcoins because of dogecoin. And then consider Auroracoin, who's market cap has increased 10 times in like a week and was "just another coin" as people kept saying. The fact is, people wouldn't be making coins if there wasn't an incentive to do so, which means the demand is increasing. The more coins we have the larger the reach. Soon an entire country will have cryptos (Iceland). Will this sudden injection of coins cause a decrease in the price? Probably. But this will also get more people comfortable with the idea of cryptocurrencies in general which will probably help all other coins including auroracoin in the long run. Altcoins will probably have a hundred billion dollar plus market cap only a few years from now...possibly higher and possibly sooner than that. Getting upset at someone who creates a random coin that you don't care about is even more silly than them creating that coin. If you don't like it DON'T USE IT! Don't trade for it. Simple as that.

http://www.grumpycoins.com/

http://auroracoin.org/

You make a good point, you can't diregard new coins on the basis that they're "just LTC clones" as some people do. Some people have complaints about all the Scrypt coins (especially those from coingen.io) and I can understand that, but no person should disregard a coin as a "LTC clone". New innovative coins are certain to come in the near future, such as Photons and Blakecoin, using the Blake 256 hash and designed to be merged mined, or Quark which is still exceptionally fast. Auroracoin is an interesting experiment, and spreading knowledge of cryptocurrencies is always good. I'm interested to see how this works out :D

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

flawless logic

won't even bother arguing

and please take your promotions elsewhere

Please take your shittalking elsewhere...if you want to bully someone why don't you do it at recess? If people don't know what either of those coins are they can go to those websites to find out more, I think that's a legitimate thing to do given the fact that the post was about these coins and in general other coins which have been called LTC clones.

Cpu: 8350 @ 4.0Ghz / Mobo: Asus M5a99FX Pro R2.0 / RAM: 16GB HyperX Blu / GPU: GTX 780 DCII OC / CASE: NZXT Tempest 410 / SSDs: 120GB Samsung 840 / 240GB Samsung 840 Evo HDDs: 3TB WD Green / 320GB Seagate Momentus / PSU: Corsair TX650W / Display: Dell 1080p / Sound: Audigy 2 zs

Please take your shittalking elsewhere...if you want to bully someone why don't you do it at recess? If people don't know what either of those coins are they can go to those websites to find out more, I think that's a legitimate thing to do given the fact that the post was about these coins and in general other coins which have been called LTC clones.

alright, apologies.

Error: 410

You make a good point, you can't diregard new coins on the basis that they're "just LTC clones" as some people do. Some people have complaints about all the Scrypt coins (especially those from coingen.io) and I can understand that, but no person should disregard a coin as a "LTC clone". New innovative coins are certain to come in the near future, such as Photons and Blakecoin, using the Blake 256 hash and designed to be merged mined, or Quark which is still exceptionally fast. Auroracoin is an interesting experiment, and spreading knowledge of cryptocurrencies is always good. I'm interested to see how this works out :D

Thanks for actually contributing to the conversation. I don't know about you but there seem to be a lot of people on these forums who just like to shit on people. I'd never heard of Photons or Blakecoin but they sound interesting. The thing is, if you aren't investing in the coin, why do you care? And I think those people are also missing the point of "TOTALLY DECENTRALIZED CURRENCY". It means anyone can create one. That's the beauty of it. If their infrastructure is sound and their code is well maintained, the coin may do very well. And if it's such an easy thing to innovate on the altcoin concept, why don't you do it?

Thanks for actually contributing to the conversation. I don't know about you but there seem to be a lot of people on these forums who just like to shit on people. I'd never heard of Photons or Blakecoin but they sound interesting. The thing is, if you aren't investing in the coin, why do you care? And I think those people are also missing the point of "TOTALLY DECENTRALIZED CURRENCY". It means anyone can create one. That's the beauty of it. If their infrastructure is sound and their code is well maintained, the coin may do very well. And if it's such an easy thing to innovate on the altcoin concept, why don't you do it?

I'm not sure about anyone shitting on people, but some will shit on coins (especially Scyrpt coins as of late). There are a bunch of people who like to bash Bitcoin and the cryptos, but those people don't care about it so explaining the benefits of it to them is rather pointless. The number of times I've argued with someone who thinks its a ponzi scheme and ended up getting nowhere is insane.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."